Give me playlist ideas .

1 person liked this

Give me playlist ideas .

Lovatic4life125
Roadie

I need some help with playlists. Can you guys give me some ideas?

17 Replies

Re: Give me playlist ideas .

Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13

@Lovatic4life125 need help with ideas for playlists, or help with one? ^_^

crematedmanRock Star 13
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
1 person liked this

Lovatic4life125
Roadie

Just ideas, like themes and stuff like that thanks .

Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13

@Lovatic4life125 Let me know what kind of genres you're into and why you like them, and I can help explore some themes.

crematedmanRock Star 13
1 person liked this

Re: Give me playlist idears .

Lovatic4life125
Roadie

A mixture of stuff. Trying to get followers really.

2 people liked this

Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13

@Lovatic4life125 No worries ^_^

As far as making them you should always look for a theme from the strongest songs, or songs you love. Think about what they mean for you and how other songs could be organised around them. The lyrics might be a guide, but also how they make you feel.

For example, 'practically perfect in every way' came about because I collected a selection of euphoric indie pop songs. I then started to think about what that feeling meant for me, and why they made me happy, and the influences surrounding that. That reminded me of childhood movies, and Mary Poppins was one of the big ones, so I used a quote from that.

spotify:user:crematedman:playlist:2FaZuaw84EFES6IJINgbzT

crematedmanRock Star 13

Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13

@Lovatic4life125 so other than trying to choose an interesting or professional sounding name, aim for a theme and don't repeat too many artists trying to form it. Using the same example, the theme gravitated around 'perfect' songwriting and almost-too-happy tunes. Into that is a theme of hopefulness. For you, it'll be a personally different experience. Some ideas could be around movies, songs you loved as a kid, songs that remind you of people, a genre that particularly interests you, albums that remind you of life experiences - things like that.

crematedmanRock Star 13
1 person liked this

Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13

@Lovatic4life125 To be more specific, look for what some of these mean to you:

simplicity, greed, what you find beautiful, spirituality, power, tradition, things you've learned, change, chaos, persona development, growing up, a relationship, colours and light, life and death, dreams, things you love and hate, family, gender, personal heroes (musical or otherwise), nature, a name or a place, a historical event or a particular quote.

A lot of music revolves around the self, how you feel about yourself and society. To some extent, playlists are the same as albums or songs when done right.

crematedmanRock Star 13
1 person liked this

Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13

@Lovatic4life125 Or you can simply tap into potent emotions - nostalgia, wanderlust, loneliness, hope, innocence, love and lost love, pride, celebration, opportunity, fear, happiness, humour, passion, optimism, peace, regret, purpose, solitude, temptation, a personal vice, the effect of time, adversity, fame, heartbreak.

On the other hand you can revolve the playlist around the sounds themselves, whether they're upbeat, spacious, hard-hitting, acoustic, immersive, repetitive, soulful, harmonic, unusual etc. there's a lot to explore there

crematedmanRock Star 13
2 people liked this

Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13

@Lovatic4life125 When it comes to sharing the playlists share widely and engage with other community members and give feedback on playlists, rather than just dropping a link. Explain what they mean to you and the process you went through in making it.

Hope that helps ^_^

crematedmanRock Star 13
SUGGESTED POSTS