Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. We'll keep you updated on that thread.

HELP IM TRYING TO FIND A SONG I ONLY KNOW THE ALBUM COVER OF

Highlighted

HELP IM TRYING TO FIND A SONG I ONLY KNOW THE ALBUM COVER OF

Regular

HELP ME PLEASE I WILL LOVE WHOEVER HELPS ME THANK U IF UR READING THIS BLESS UR KIND SOUL DONT LEAVE 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

Hi im trying to find a song that i only know the album cover of. I created a new playlist and only had a few songs on it so spotify played some songs they thought I would like. The playlist that i made had NO rap songs AT ALL but they played me this one rap song and i liked it. : |

**Note that I went to sleep at 2 in the morning evey night for the past week and i was really sleep deprived and tired when they played this song.

So spotify played this song and i swear i added it to my playlist that night but apparently not. I tried finding my song history but i couldn't and didn't know how to get there (yes i did search how to but couldn't figure it out).

Idk what happened but i mightv'e accientally pressed skip and it went to the next song so i couldn't go back to see the song title and who it was by.

You'd think I wouldv'e remembered some lyrics or what it sounded like but when i say i was really tired, i was REALLY tired so here i am trying to look at the album cover bc Spootify won't let us go back unless we have premium or something and I only remember the album cover.

Now if you don't care about my small rant and only care about helping me (bless ur soul), here's what i remember about that song:

-It was rap

-I think it was really underrated bc my playlist name was underrated

-The album cover had a yellow border

-In the center the album cover had a pic of this white boi sitting down on a curb or something but you couldn't really see the surroundings except that it was sunny

-The pic of the teen was angled looking up so it was like u were looking at him from his feet.

-It wasn't a flexy pic and it only had that teen, boy whatever u wanna call him, on it 

-It was kind of retro and vintagey but also not really.

IF NO ONE CAN PICTURE WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT I CAN TRY DRAWING IT BUT I SUCK AT DRAWING SO TRY UR BEST PLS 😉

Everyone might ask y didn't u try to find it urself or something but TRUST ME I HAVE.

I looked through the white rapper encyclopedia (i didn't know this even existed and a lot of the rappers were from the 1900s)

I looked through the advanced album search (i also didn't know this existed) and looked for rap album covers from 2017-2019

I searched onlne for album covers with yellow borders

I JUST CANNOT FIND THIS SONG

I WILL NOT BE AT PEACE UNTIL I FIND THIS SONG

**im also not that into rap so if who sang this isn't actually underrated im sorry**

anyone that can help, i love you and ive tried finding this song for so long and ive finally resorted to asking fellow spotify users.

6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: HELP IM TRYING TO FIND A SONG I ONLY KNOW THE ALBUM COVER OF

Casual Listener
So what I'd do is I'd probably just listen to that playlist again until it ends 'cause that's how you discovered it in the first place. Once the thing you're listening to (whether it's a playlist or an album) ends, Spotify starts playing similar tracks to those on that said thing. There's also a possibility that you were already half asleep and you simply dreamed the whole thing up. Who knows, maybe you were destined to rap and new songs just come to you in your sleep. Finally, if you actually enjoy music as much as I do, there are third-party websites that you can hook up to your Spotify (almost like an extension) that track all the music that you listen to. Since I can't help you find that one song in particular so I'll just tell you what to do to ensure that it never happens again. Look up something called "scrobbling" or "Spotify scrobbling". It's really easy to set up and it lets you keep track of all the different artist and genres you've listened to from the moment you hook it up to your Spotify. Hope you find that one song you were looking for.
Highlighted

Casual Listener
P.S. You should've probably considered giving us a link to that playlist. That'd really help.
Highlighted

Composer

what kind of Rap was it? Oldschool, Newschool, Trap, Emo whatever is out there

and please link your playlist 🙂

Highlighted

Regular
  • UPDATE EVEN THO NO ONE CARES

I contacted customer service (yes i was that extra and that desperate) and GENEVA G CAME THROUGH WITH THAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Turns out u can download ur history through privacy settings or something but if anyone here is reading this WE NEED TO GIVE GENEVA G A RAISE. I MEAN IT

I would post our entire convo there but idek if that's legal. honestly, it could go viral but idk if i'd get sued or not. Anyway thanks no one for listening to my ted talk and more people should get on the spotify community to find gems like these 😉

Regular

@harpoon1900 Thx sm for replying but that song that i heard was not at all really related to the other songs on my playlist but if u want to hear my play list here's the link.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0RjlPEHM6HQ79hn9fgmgiw

Highlighted

Regular

thanks for replying but i had no idea what genre of rap it was bc i was awake on 3 hours of sleep so i couldn't remember.

SUGGESTED POSTS