Has Spotify Helped To Broaden Your Music Taste?

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

5 Replies

Re: Has Spotify Helped To Broaden Your Music Taste?

Iameliezer
Gig Goer

Absolutely! ive been exposed to a huge variety of indie music through spotify and its community :D

crowdiegal
Roadie

Yes and no. Yes in that I am listening to some genres that two to five years ago I wouldn't have listened to or avoided like cats avoid a hot tin roof however the majority of the music I listen to is still in the genres I love most that being pop and rock. 

user-removed
Not applicable

@Iameliezer wrote:

Absolutely! ive been exposed to a huge variety of indie music through spotify and its community :D

And that's a very important value for Spotify I wish more people would respect and acknowledge. This is the perfect reason why people should stop watching YouTube videos and join Spotify.

user-removed
Not applicable

@crowdiegal wrote:

Yes and no. Yes in that I am listening to some genres that two to five years ago I wouldn't have listened to or avoided like cats avoid a hot tin roof however the majority of the music I listen to is still in the genres I love most that being pop and rock. 

And that is the perfect balance. A perfect example of this is, I hate heavy metal, and you'd never catch me listening it, blogging it, or whatever. But when I heard this song from a group called Disturbed, I was blown away of the performance! It didn't mean I now like heavy metal bands, but spotify did turn me on to one song of a genre I would never gravitate towards.

https://open.spotify.com/track/1Cj2vqUwlJVG27gJrun92y?si=p7FPjpY_QrSEhbQEfSPWvQ

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hmm... Looking back to my historical music listening habits... I'd say yes, Spotify has helped me to broaden my musical tastes.

Then I discovered Amon Tobin and I explored his musical preferences (sets and other contents) which caused my musical diversity to explode.
I had a last.fm graph from this time, it looked like a delta. :'D

Exploring the playlists of people whose music taste sounds good to me, similar artists, radio stations and all this feels fun now!

So yes, Spotify made it easy for me. It was still up to me to accept this heavy current of different music. :)

SebastyRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS