Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help with Views

Help with Views

Hi!

Please listen to my boyfriend's album Formations by Royal Rifles. He doesn't care about popularity but I think it's a shame that this album isn't getting the exposure it deserves. Even if you just have it on mute. Would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

6 Replies

Your boyfriend makes good music 🙂

Haha thanks for listening!! Yes, we're from Prince Edward Island, Canada
and it's driving me crazy how many artists around here with less talent are
always in the paper.

Most of an artist's fame comes from making good connections. I don't know much about canada's music market, but typically the whole exposure thing can come from two different ways.

1. Either you work in the corporate music industry and understand who runs what and use that to your advantage (Top Down approach)

2. Or you try to have a more grassroots approach, where you make good relationships with bloggers and people that are vocal in the music industry. Collective buzz from all of them will lead to traction (Bottom Up approach)

Both methods have their own series of challenges, but the lesson here is that talent alone won't get you anywhere.

I really like his voice. You should try to get his songs to some playlists which have active followers.

To that, through his Spotify for Artists profile he can submit revision to be included in some playlists.

Ok! I never thought of that! Thanks!

Suggested posts