Hey there. Introduce yourself and your music.

Re: Hello! Introduce yourself..and your music!

oliviaosborne6
Casual Listener

Hello! My name is Olivia, I am from Southern California. I am very passionate about music, specifically rock/ alternative music. I consider myself to be a concert enthusiast. Some of my favorite artists include: Vampire Weekend, Grizzly Bear, Beach House, The Black Keys, Reptar, and Cults. If you are into rock/ alternative, let me know so I can subscribe to your playlists. I am in desperate need of some new music.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@oliviaosborne6 wrote:

Hello! My name is Olivia, I am from Southern California. I am very passionate about music, specifically rock/ alternative music. I consider myself to be a concert enthusiast. Some of my favorite artists include: Vampire Weekend, Grizzly Bear, Beach House, The Black Keys, Reptar, and Cults. If you are into rock/ alternative, let me know so I can subscribe to your playlists. I am in desperate need of some new music.

Hey oliveosborne6 - Nice! I'm also a fan of Vampire Weekend, Beach House and Cults. Also love The National which I see you've included. Caught them live yet? 

Tyzaa
Regular

Hey guys,

After being the "New Girl in Town" in London, I am now the new girl around here :)

Was looking into a few tips to tweak my Spotify on the forums, and decided to do a quick few posts and kudos some great ideas.

In terms of music, I grew up with what I tend to call 'slutty metal', which includes guitares and female singers (Nightwish, Epica, Within Temptation) - it's the rough sound with a feminine touch (usually a very pretty female, to be fair), but with growing older I've grown into more various styles - still more on the guitar side of things though :)

I have my 'best of' list that tends to follow me around, gives quite a good insight on my musical tastes.

Talk to you soon!

Highlighted

musictor
Music Fan

I want to be better in using this place.

Wath should I do

jjcalefan123
Casual Listener

Hi Spotify,

I am a big JJ Cale fan and I am very happy there is loads of his music on Spotify. Here are some of my favourite tracks over the last 50 years including some from JJ. He deserves to be better knowm. I was talking to some Americans recently who lived close to Tulsa and they had never even heard of him.

50 Years of Great Tracks

Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome Tyzaa and jjcalefan123! Glad to have you on the music boards--and thanks for sharing your playlists!

@musictor wrote:

I want to be better in using this place.

Wath should I do

@musictor Welcome to the Community. If you're new and looking for some more info about this place, I'd look at our Newcomers and Contributions board first. 

Some helpful posts include: 

Welcome to the Spotify Community

Tips for contributing

How to get help and help others (made by one of our supersuers @Liam ) :)

AdamDowds_93
Regular

I'm Adam Dowds, and I've been on Spotify for just over 3 years now. This is my main favourites playlist, my Top 40, which constantly changes but can also go periods without any new songs.

The 'A' List

Betreff: Hello! Introduce yourself..and your music!

robbe_hb
Roadie

Hello there!

I use Spotify for a few weeks now and was surprised how many titles to my favorite genre are available.

"Hey Jude" and "Popcorn" are the first songs in my life i consciously heard. "Pink Floyd - Wish you where here" was my first own LP.

Trough the 80s with Rock/Pop I liked Jean M. Jarre, Genesis, Mike Oldfield for example. 

Since late 90s Techno and Electro.

Millennium started with an OpenAir called 'Lovefield' in north germany - and i was infected by progressive psy trance - it´s still my favorit genre.

favoriten-spotifyt

favoriten-weblink

Robert

--
robbe (at) email.de - www.rbx0.de

GaryB
Gig Goer

GaryB
Gig Goer

Hi my name is Gary B a music producer for Cafe del mar in Ibiza Spain. my first album went to number 1 in the iTunes electronic chart Spain and top 20 UK chart. I am intrested in people who like chillout electronic music, sunset music. music with soul.

This is a video from my new album Live It Now

SUGGESTED POSTS