Hey there. Introduce yourself and your music.

Re: Hey there. Introduce yourself and your music.

edman222
Regular

I was a jazz trombonist for 60 Years.  I have gotten many of the albums I've listened to almost all the jazz I wanted, which is great. I thing I noticed that is NOT so great. Every tune I play wavers in and out of tune  badly. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm paying 4.99 a month which is supposed to provide even Better sound quality. It absolutly does not. I play all the albums I have. If I didn't know how these tunes should play, I would not even recognize the tune until somewhere in the middle. Why is the quality so bad?

edman222
Regular

Hi  My name is Ed Maina and I was a professional Jazz Trombonist for 60 years. I have been here for a few months and I am paying 4.99 a month for supposedly better sound  quality. The first thing I noticed was I was able to download all my old favorites. What is not so great..I have a very good ear and I hear all m tunes wavering in and out of tune.

I know every single tune frontwards and backwards. I know every tune backwards and  forwards.  I can't be the only one who has experienced this but it is so obvious. Let me know if anyone has experienxced this.

edman222
Regular

Hi  My name is Ed Maina and I was a professional Jazz Trombonist for 60 years. I have been here for a few months and I am paying 4.99 a month for supposedly better sound  quality. The first thing I noticed was I was able to download all my old favorites. What is not so great..I have a very good ear and I hear all my tunes wavering in and out of tune.

I know every single tune frontwards and backwards.  I can't be the only one who has experienced this but it is so obvious. Let me know if anyone has experienced this.

beccahamiltonpw
Composer

Hey! I work for Primary Wave Entertainment, an independent record label and publishing group! Check out this playlist of what our employees in the New York City have been loving recently! We update it weekly and would love to hear feedback and suggestions! 

https://open.spotify.com/user/primarywavemusic/playlist/3a72IkcRJcBTTCyA4eTzJO

FatFungus
Casual Listener

Hey there, 

I’m in a Band called Fat Fungus, we play a groove, a Rythm, a beat, that will make you move your feet! 

Would you like to join a rebelion? 

Listen to our songs and you have already contributed!

https://open.spotify.com/album/09rHPPxIMWDtbYIds4szD1?si=cGbhzCbmQciPRJ6wMYEjyw

Maldo
Roadie

Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13

Welcome @Maldo and @FatFungus!

I'm loving that playlist @beccahamiltonpw ^_^

crematedmanRock Star 13
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Kees1vande4
Regular

Hi, on and off spotify user. Years ago I started with my own music library (I still have on a hdd), tagging, mapping, days n daze(anyone?) busy with searching for new music, making playlists. Selecting my own top albums and sync them to my iPod.

When spotify got popular I still refused to use it, cause most of the music I listened wasn't available. Had to rip or download it from bandcamp anyways, so why should I use spotify at that time. After a while I used it on and off cause the song/album radio got me hooked. Easier to find out new stuff then looking all over last.fm. 

Today is the day I come to these forums, longing back to my own up-to-date library. It's great to have an easy way finding and listening new music at once. But last weeks I'm getting so frustrated by these spotify playlists. Getting forced into tophits, weird fridaynight hits, weekend chill and blabla-lists, all far from my music taste. It's a suggestion, but I have to see it everytime I open spotify. 

That aside;

More people that used to search nights for new music, browsing last.fm/bandcamp, checking songs, bands, whole genre's hoping to find new stuff and now are (just as I am) lazy cause of Spotify?

ay-qi_sfl7y7k
Casual Listener

ec5r5jc-0_sk7
Music Fan

Hi!

Loreley is a new band worth checking out. They make a sunny mix of pop, jazz and African influences. Perfect for your lazy summer Sundays. 

Here is a link to their first single.

https://open.spotify.com/album/2Sh3ys70FlPIjF7l7N3HPO?si=oUMOFVqWQiGC9j4IouSHEA

All the best!

Renske

SUGGESTED POSTS