History/Recently Played on Mobile Device

Highlighted

History/Recently Played on Mobile Device

Datboiyeayo
Regular

I heard a song that I really liked on my last week's discover playlist and thought I saved it. When I woke up Monday morning it wasn't there. Bummer. A new discover weekly playlist had already loaded and I couldn't retrieve the song. Spotify support couldn't help so I searched all day to find a way to find my recently played songs. I eventually found a solution tonight! If you click into any of your created playlist to view all of your playlist songs, there is an icon for "add songs" on the top of your playlist. When you click on the "add songs" icon it will open to a "suggested" playlist. Scroll left to switch to "recently played." Scroll down to find the song you are looking for!! Not sure how far the list will go back, but I listened to Spotify all day and was able to find the song I was looking for that played last night! Hope this helps!! 

Screenshot_20190122-010318_Spotify.jpg
16 Replies

Re: History/Recently Played on Mobile Device

colewunderlich
Casual Listener

Why this is not a standard feature like viewing your next up queue is beyond me...

Thanks for the tip!! This is a life-saver since mobile history does not sync to desktop.

Jman2150

Wow this is freaking useful knowledge thank you! So many times I've lost songs from Discover weekly because I forget to save them. Cannot believe they don't just have "recently played" as a default feature on mobile.

Tom170
Visitor

Was the "add songs" feature removed in an update? Or was it never present on iOS? Because I'm looking for it on my iphone and it just...isn't there at all. :(

amitts

I still see it, it just is only on playlists that you made, just under the title and "shuffle play" once you click into the playlist 

fjjvazquez
Visitor

This is so far one of the best discoveries in Spotify since I started to use this. I hate this support comes from the comunity instead from the Support Team. This should be an standard feature within the app... is not that difficult!! Thanks mate, awesome support.

eekat
Visitor

Thank you SO much for this useful tip!! 

Datboiyeayo
Regular

Hey no problem!! 

Datboiyeayo
Regular

Haha I know right? I downloaded an app called "last.fm" for back up. It keeps track of your listening history in your phone as well! 

Makeamendz
Visitor
SUGGESTED POSTS