Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How did you grow your playlist following?

How did you grow your playlist following?

For those who have a rather significant number of followers for their playlists, I am curious how they reached it? Was it through social media (FB, Twitter, Insta), or a specific forum? How likely is it that people find you by searching in Spotify?

I may have follow-up questions if that's OK.

1 Reply

Hey @gxhxoxsxtxfxm

you can check this topic for some good ideas and details about your question 🙂

In my opinion, there are 3 aspects that are important for creating a good playlist that grows in followers in time. 

• Try to create a unique theme for your playlist. Avoid posting mainstream songs, as there are enough playlists out there that are already popular, the point for you is to stand up with something different.
  • Update your playlist regularly. If you gain some followers that like your playlist, they will eventually look for some updates at some point and it's more likely to promote it to a friend or colleague. 
  • It's quite obvious, but promote it to the best audience that is likely to love your playlist and stream from it. Promoting it only on places with many and all kinds of people that like different music, your playlist will eventually be lost in the feed with the wrong people who followed it only for the count, without ever listening to it. 

Wish you luck, and don't forget to share in the Playlist Exchange here 😉

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts