How do I EXPORT from .mp3 files from Spotify back to my PC??

How do I EXPORT from .mp3 files from Spotify back to my PC??

Music Lover
‎2012-02-15 10:22 PM

I had to reinstall my Windows XP PRO OS and in the process elimated all  my .mp3 files!!!!  :smileysurprised: Thank GOD for Spotify, I see they kept the .mp3s that that had --- is there anyway I can export copies of my .mp3 files from Spotify BACK on to my PC so I can have copies on my desktop?? If there is a way, please email me at ojmccaf1963@yahoo.com or post on my facebook thanks!

Owen

5 Replies

Re: How do I EXPORT from .mp3 files from Spotify back to my PC??

Spotify
Spotify
‎2012-02-16 01:37 PM

Hey Owen!

I'm afraid Spotify won't have uploaded any of your mp3s to our servers. Spotify will have matched the deleted mp3s to the same or similar version on our database, so your mp3s will not have been saved. Sorry.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Music Lover
‎2012-02-16 03:05 PM

How about transferring to them onto a moble device?? I did notice you can transfer them to like an Ipod. Would any other regular .mp play work?? If that the case I may go that route. Thanks for responding.

Spotify
Spotify
‎2012-02-16 04:02 PM

Hey,

You won't be able to transfer Spotify's music like you do mp3's, as they're streamed, encrypted files from the internet and mp3 players aren't compatible. So you can't put Spotify's catalogue on an iPod Classic for example, unless you personally own the music too.

However, depending on your mobile device, you will be able to sync 'Offline' songs from your desktop Spotify over. You can check what mobile devices are compatible here: http://www.spotify.com/us/mobile/overview/

You can also get a guide on how to sync your devices here: http://www.spotify.com/us/help/faq/ipod-integration/sync-your-device-with-spotify/

This last guide is probably worth reading through. It explains it all quite well.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Regular
‎2012-08-18 04:28 PM

I am having a similar issue. My computer crashed and I needed a new harddrive so I lost all my music files. But they are still available under "Library" for my spotify account. Can I move them back to my computer? It sounds like I can't but that is upsetting :( I had 8,000 songs!

Spotify
Spotify
‎2012-08-20 07:42 AM
If all your local files are deleted, you won't be able to move these tracks from Spotify to your computer, no.

Sorry to hear about your hard drive. I've been there. Not cool.

-------

Who's your Spotify Star?
SUGGESTED POSTS