Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How do you get Spotify to add a song??

How do you get Spotify to add a song??

My one favorite song in the whole world isn't on Spotify 😞  There are other versions of it by other people, but they all sound horrible.  How do you go about getting Spotify to add a song?  

Sont title: You have the right to remain silent

Song Artist: Perfect Stranger

Thanks!

**Update**  I don't know how to delete a post, but I just wanted to say that I saw the post saying that all the music that was available for them to add has been added.  I guess my song just won't be on here... sad times 😞

3 Replies

Add earned it - Keef chief !! Please

you should be able to delete it by clicking the three dots at the top right of your post and there should be a delete option in the list that shows I think. As far as Spotify adding music, I don't believe they can just add music because whoever owns the rights to sound recording and composition of those songs has to be paid for every stream, but I do believe that Spotify may reach out to companies (mostly majors who own older songs of artists who may no longer be living) for music to be added, but at the end of it all I think the owners of the music have to send the needed information to Spotify in order for them to add it

You can try reaching out to the artist or their label to find out why the song isn't on Spotify and request that it be added, but there could be any number of reasons.

As you said, @gsoul, submitting to Spotify requires that the person submitting the song has the rights to the music. The rights to music can be complex, so it may be that a different label owns the rights, that they don't have copyright clearance to submit it, that it's not available in a certain territory for whatever reason, or it could be that it's not an official release. It could simply be that the artist is not using Spotify.

If the artist is not represented by a label, they could submit music to Spotify through an intermediary. There are a variety of services that do this.

Suggested posts