How do you get a playable album or list to show in your message? Not only as a link?

Solved!
Highlighted

How do you get a playable album or list to show in your message? Not only as a link?

Roadie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How do you get a playable album or list to show in your message? Not only as a link?

Community Legend

Oh yes 😉 

When inserting the HTML code from you clipboard onto the forums, you need to enter HTML mode on the editor:

spotify html reply.png

You can then return to rich text mode if you want to write anything else (unless you are fluent in HTML!)

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

15 Replies
Highlighted

Re: How do you get a playable album or list to show in your message? Not only as a link?

Community Legend

Hey 🙂

If you want to share one of your own playlists in that way, just right click on it inside the desktop client and select "Copy Embed Code". The HTML code you need to make it will be copied onto your clip board 🙂 

This is the playlist I am listening to right now 🙂

Peter

Peter

Highlighted

Roadie

Hi! I have tried to do that. I can only see a square of codes, but maybe you can see the list. Go to my thread of covers, White album. Can you see it as a list? No big issue, but still....

Highlighted

Community Legend

Oh yes 😉 

When inserting the HTML code from you clipboard onto the forums, you need to enter HTML mode on the editor:

spotify html reply.png

You can then return to rich text mode if you want to write anything else (unless you are fluent in HTML!)

Peter

Peter

Highlighted

Roadie

Html is for me absolutely not understandable! Thank you for helping! I think some listeners is so spoiled theese days, so a playable list in the message may attract more peoples than if they have to click a link for the same result

Highlighted

Community Legend

I know myself the lovely Spotify play boxes attract more of my attention than just links on a page 😉

Peter

Peter

Highlighted

Roadie

Is there a box on white albun no! since I can not see it, only the code

Highlighted

Roadie

Thanks a lot, Peter, seems that I have figured it out!

Highlighted

Music Fan

How do I switch to HTML in the editor?  I only have Rich Text as an option.  Do I need to change something in the preferences?

Highlighted

Community Legend

@billyrush wrote:

How do I switch to HTML in the editor?  I only have Rich Text as an option.  Do I need to change something in the preferences?

Hey 🙂 

You need to be at least Composer rank here on the community to post HTML.

Have a read at the rank guidelines here.

Peter

Peter

SUGGESTED POSTS