How do you guys clean your library?

How do you guys clean your library?

Starriol

So I'm starting the arduos work of cleaning up my library.

I'm going to create several folders.

- For the artists I have more music for, I'll create a folder called "Artists" and put all their stuff

- Create a genres folder and create several subfolders for genres and sub genres

- I might create another folder with situations like "Gym", "Party", "Chill" and put my favorites from above

Thing is I'm a bit confused on how to go about using the library.

Do you guys use only playlists? I don't see any useful way to use the library section, except to move all the songs I have there without any criteria to a "To sort" playlist, remove what I don't care about and sort in the above mentioned structure above.

After that, should I use it? How?

4 Replies

Re: How do you guys clean your library?

Rising Star 10 jaiwareham
Rising Star 10
I use the library mostly just when I'm not specifically looking for a certain song or type of music.
jaiwarehamRising Star 10
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

tisk09
Casual Listener

The only section in the library that I use regularly is Songs. I add whatever I like at the moment or songs I think might grow on me. Those songs (99% of them) get placed in my old Starred playlist because I don't want to forget them. The Songs category seems more temporary to me than playlists cuz I'm always accidentally unchecking/removing things on mobile. 

But yeah, other than that I mostly use playlists. 

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

I use the Songs section of the library to (temporarily) store new songs I've found and want to relisten again. If I like the tunes, I drop them into my playlists. If I like them a bit less, there's a third playlist. I am very picky, so there is no playlist for bad songs. ;)

If I can't make up my mind, I'll just move the tracks to a "I wiped my Saved Music" playlist. It contains amazing stuff, I realized when I listened to every playlist I had to remove songs I no longer liked.

I wouldn't feel too bad about not using some features. I don't have many playlist folders for example (just one for less used playlists).

SebastyRock Star 15
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

jaketeagle

My playlists are all organised by Season and Year

playlists.jpg

SUGGESTED POSTS