Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do you guys organize your playlists?

How do you guys organize your playlists?

How do you guys organize your playlists? I organize mine by artist and album. So I have one playlist, with every single song in order. Then I just move the songs around.

3 Replies

Hi @noahxgrantt, it depends, but most of the times by recent additions, never by artist or album or simple choose customize and I move the tracks in the way that fits best for my needs.

JpgchiefRock Star 14
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I usually choose tracks from four albums for which I appreciate the artwork to place at the beginning, since they will show on the playlist cover (I don't usually add my own playlist covers). After these four albums, I organize the rest of the tracks by the artist and album, such that blocks of the same artist/album appear and so I can see all the tracks by each artist that are present in the playlist without having to use the sort-by-artist feature. Usually I also place the artists for which I have two or more tracks in the playlist closer to the top of the playlist, and artists for which I have just one track at the bottom of the playlist; and I organize the artists with just one track in the playlist by number of monthly listeners. There are exceptions of course, such as when I think an artist for which I have just one track in the playlist is critical for the playlist, so I place it near the beginning.

AdamDamSpotify Star

I am rather simple when it comes to playlists. The loveliest song is the beginner of the playlist.

I also sometimes try to ensure that similarly sounding songs are together, but most of the time I enjoy being surprised, so the playlists I made for myself are rather chaotic. :')

Still, I keep classical and jazzy tunes in a separate playlist.
Songs I like enough to keep are in another playlist. They are not favourites, they just sound interesting in some appreciated ways.

I also have 4 themed playlists, one for that deep awesome bassy atmosphere, one for wicked beats, one for deconstructed space-sounding tunes, one for songs Amon has used in his sets.
(and one for especially insane songs. It only has 3 songs for now though.)

I have a few discrography lists, newest releases are dragged to the top. It starts to get rather bothersome with a touchpad, but I'm sticking to it.

What might matter me the most as a column is when I added the song in that long playlist of favourites. I like seeing this "Oh, I found this song in winter 2017". 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Suggested posts