How else do you discover new music (outside of Spotify)?

How else do you discover new music (outside of Spotify)?

knayak5

Hi Folks,

I know Spotify can be great to discover new music. I'm curious to know how else do you discover new music?  What kind of new music do you look for? Where do you go looking for and why do you go there?

8 Replies

Re: How else do you discover new music (outside of Spotify)?

Jazzwhatever
Community Legend

Well, i go to the second hand shop and browse the stock, there's always a hiddem gem somewhere :)

But seriously, why do you want to look elsewhere for new music? There is so much on Spotify, enough to listen to for a lifetime!

My Spotify Profile: Jazzwhatever

jstn455
Casual Listener
I go to concerts! Even if I barely know the artist, I'd go especially if they are in a small venue, usually tickets for those around ~20 bucks. I end up loving at least one of the opening acts and end up being a bigger fan of the opening act than the headliner!

LewisSO
Casual Listener

I used to use last.fm but that site has gone down hill so much I rarely log in, and I used Deezer a bit when I had a trial and got introduced to some cool music based on my past music. I've tried Spotify Discovery a few times but it always recommends 'nerdy' music. I'm hoping my recommendations improve based on the fact I've been listening to a lot of 80's music.

feinbergmusic
Roadie

I like to find new music on Pandora and then add it to a Spotify playlist :)

Jazzwhatever
Community Legend

@feinbergmusic Pandora isn't available in Europe. But it seems like a great music station. Swarm.fm is also a nice tool to find new music, or music related to your taste!

My Spotify Profile: Jazzwhatever

user-removed
Not applicable

I usually read a lot of album reviews and sometimes singer/songwriters add me on twitter! Otherwise I absolutely love to search new artists on bandcamp or soundcloud.

lyteside
Gig Goer

I'm only just now getting into last.fm. Kind of an interesting way to explore and follow a rabbit trail through various artists (starting from an artist you like, of course).

Apple Music and Pandora still can't compete with Spotify in any realistic way.

Follow me

Electronic. EDM. Industrial.
Story-driven music with a dark fantasy theme.

Thanks for supporting my music!

marenmski

I often use the radio. Tune in on the genres I like and find different stations. It's really great, and I find a lot of new stuff!

SUGGESTED POSTS