Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How has your Discover Weekly changed your music taste?

How has your Discover Weekly changed your music taste?

Believe it or not, Discover Weekly turned 1 this Summer 🙂 

This is a huge milestone for us at the Community and for music fans around the world. We live and breath our own little mix of new tracks every Monday and it looks like we're not alone 😉

So, how has your music taste changed over the year? 

Personally, I was a huge Metal-Head when in high school. If it wasn't loud and full of "grr" I didn't want to know. Since then, my tastes have matured and have opened up into a whole new direction - with still the old-school vibes attached. This has been largely due to Discover Weekly and Spotify.

So, I want to know your stories. Let me know in the comments 🙂

/James.

48 Replies

Answered the questions too    @HappyHanna 🙂

About how much DW has changed my music taste... Well it has certainly become more electronic. Those blues-jazz-other interesting genre-offbounces come through a few music artists that I monitor closely.

I used to listen to just a few artists before plunging into this feature... And in the beginning, sometime, me and one of my friends would listen to very similar music... Meaning that our Discover Weekly playlists were similar as well. She still gets song recommendations that are in the listing of the sounds that I like. 😉

Most of my "You Sound Nice" playlist is formed by the Discover Weekly.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I answered your survey @HappyHanna. I wish you best of luck for your dissertation 🙂

DW has changed my music preference a little bit. I listen to pop and rock mostly but thanks to DW, I started to like folk music.

@crematedman Thank you so much! And great article!! 

Hello.

It has not changed my taste but it contributes to the discovery of different versions of the songs that I like. The different versions of songs especially covers are something not easy to be discovered. Besides this, Discover Weekly helps me to expand my own playlist especially on collecting the songs that I like. 

That's how I feel. Have a good day ahead~~

@HappyHanna I'm glad you enjoyed it - keep us updated ^_^

Discover weekly, in my opinion is one of the best spotify inventions/widgets to have been created. It has greatly influenced not only mine for definite but thusands of other user's tastes too. It has opened me up to so much more different types/genres of music suited to my own personal tastes spotify has picked up on. 

its amazing i love it

My Discover Weekly helped me find so many artists I never listened to that I do now! I always wanted to listen to new music but I never knew the best ways to find new stuff, but once I started listening to my Discover Weekly I was introduced to so many great songs and artists. I remember hearing "City Of Stars" by Logic on my Discover Weekly for the first time, and that introduced me to his music and other rappers like him!! It is honestly great.

before getting into Spotify, I did not opened my ears to anythign I already knew it was good. But with the Discover playlists I have started to appreciate the love for finding hidden Gems I found Gin Wigmore, I found K. Fley, I found Finde... and a lot of other acts that are not that mainstream, but are even better than most of the mainstream artists that I know.. 

https://show.co/j3cKRkl

JLODM

Discover Weekly is something I have counted on for the past few weeks..it is selective to the right songs I want on my playlist, rather than waiting for New Music Friday! I feel that I am using it more often than my own release radar, and I wish the release radar was more specific and had more songs added on Fridays that are particular to my added songs!

I wouldn't say Discover Weekly has changed my listening tasted or habit but it has introduced me to a plethora of new artists I had never heard before or new songs by an artist I already listened to I absolutely love it and most weeks listen to the new music it brings my way.

Massive props to Spotify for making this for all of us.

Discover Weekly is still expanding my taste in international music, arts and labels. For example, a year ago I knew a handful of French electronic artists that I really enjoyed listening to. Now half of my daily playlists are made up of French artist with half of those artist being French rock and roll bands. I don't know French or have friends in France, so there is little chance I would have discovered most of these artist any other way. 

It's seems great

It's dope every other week.

It has dramatically changed my music choice, both in listening but also composing! I used to just listen to dirty, dirty metal. But after randomly following a few playlists, and then stumbling across discover weekly, my musical taste has changed for the better! I use it to discover a few songs I have a real connection with. From there, I listen to the artist who created it, and then I listen to their related artists. It has transformed my Spotify and musical experience!

I think discover weekly is a valuable playlist for new music that is worth listening to. I do however think that the platform can feature even more artist that are working their way to the top.

At first I love rop music because of its chaos =))))))) But now I prefer country music as I make me sleep better =))))))

I adore my Discover Weekly playlists. As I have listened to more and more music on Spotify, the lists have become more tailored to my preferences. Most of the time, it hits all the right notes, pulling from my diverse set of musical tastes. 

I have always rabidly consumed music, but Discover Weekly has streamlined this a bit. I find new artists I haven't heard of, and am reminded of artists I haven't listened to in a while. I can save the ones I like to go back and listen to later. It's made me less scattered, I would have to say!

This is an excellent feature, and I always look forward to a new list every week. The Daily Mixes are also fun.

Erin

Discover Weekly?

Discover Weekly?

Discover Weekly was a good idea but usually it gives me covers and songs that never even get the name right.

One of my Discover Weekly “curated” songs.One of my Discover Weekly “curated” songs.

Suggested posts