Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How has your Discover Weekly changed your music taste?

How has your Discover Weekly changed your music taste?

Believe it or not, Discover Weekly turned 1 this Summer 🙂 

This is a huge milestone for us at the Community and for music fans around the world. We live and breath our own little mix of new tracks every Monday and it looks like we're not alone 😉

So, how has your music taste changed over the year? 

Personally, I was a huge Metal-Head when in high school. If it wasn't loud and full of "grr" I didn't want to know. Since then, my tastes have matured and have opened up into a whole new direction - with still the old-school vibes attached. This has been largely due to Discover Weekly and Spotify.

So, I want to know your stories. Let me know in the comments 🙂

/James.

48 Replies

spotify

I think a quick shout out is due for the "RELEASE RADAR" playlists too. They help keep me in the loop about who is releasing new albums and singles. This is really helpful when you follow a lot of artists; keeps them in the filing drawer. It helps me stay organized so that now I spend less time hunting down the new.

What do you think of your release radar lists?

generally it's half remixes, which I'm not interested in, but I've discovered some amazing tracks earlier!

@crematedman

Remixes can be hit or miss, for sure... especially when they're for new tracks and you already liked the original song.

The best remixes happen (in my opinion) when a new artist owns the track and does something special to it.

I totally agree! Son Lux and Glass Animals stand out to me in that regard 😊

I was the same as you with the metal love. Now i'm really into the "mumble rap" and old school R&B like boyz 2 men. lol Thanks Spotify

I listen daily but I really wish I was able to to get our own stuff on there. It seems hard to get in contact https://open.spotify.com/track/3yrW0mXRiSi3oQ2sKV72VH

Discover Weekly hasn't changed my music taste - I've always enjoyed just about every genre of music -- which is why I'm obsessed with Electric Forest! If you've been, you know what I'm talking about ♥☼ Discover Weekly has introduced me to so many new artists and remixes. It's incredible - and best yet, the more you listen the better the suggestions. I'm a big fan of Discover Weekly - it's a great way to start the work week 🙂 

It doesn't really work for me, but to be fair a lot of the music I listened to on Spotify didn't really represent my actual music taste. For a while I was going through a pop and trap phase. The recommmendations were pretty good back then. Then I started listening to chill playlists in the bath tub. That really messed up my discover weekly. I started to get some boring and mediocre indie rock. Now my music taste seems to represent me better. While discover weekly has somehow improved I don't think it's caught on to what my true taste in music is. 

Suggested posts