How has your Discover Weekly changed your music taste?

Re: How has your Discover Weekly changed your music taste?

crematedman
Community Legend

@PacerOmer Discover Weekly does adapt to your listening. It deliberately plays songs that are familiar to go with new ones so it's not so intimidating. 

This is actually under consideration by spotify right now - https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Discover-Add-like-or-dislike-button-to-per... - so if you want to show your support, you can here!

ChristianReject
Roadie

It hasn't. I rarely go into Discover Weekly. I forget it's there most of the time. *shrugs*

kileyoto
Music Fan

It hasn't really changed my tastes. I would say it certainly has broadened my knowledge of previously unknown artists. Most of the best music I hear is from someone I've never heard of. Recently came across Jamie Wilson, Dead Tongues, and Shannon LaBrie to name a few. May or may not have ever heard them without Discover Weekly. So far it's all thumbs up from me. I like the new Daily Mix too.

Jamie Wilson

crematedman
Community Legend

@kileyoto not the hugest fan of country, but i enjoy the subdued side (the jamie wilson track - you know it's good when you hear a harmonica with the harmony XD)

when it leans towards faster acoustic/americana like the dead tongues i'm well on board <3

rowswar
Roadie

@crematedman Thanks. =) I definitely added my Vote for a 'ban' or 'don't show' button. The Discover Weekly is good for expanding ones exposure to artists, but like anything the programming can be off at times. Having an option for 'fine tuning' to personal preference for a song or an artist is best to ensure the algorithm works on a personal level. Some artists have only certain songs that I like but not others in their discography. Not many artists are on my "I luv everything they make" list. 

crematedman
Community Legend

@rowswar couldn't agree more 

spiritofradio
Community Legend

ive added my vote.

PopRocks_Boston
Music Fan

Love it. I get through my Monday morning email with headphones on and leg bouncin'. The algorhythm used to compile the playlist pretty much PERFECTLY captures what my ears/soul seem to need on a Monday morning.

"I'm Rolling Thunder...Pouring Rain..."

HappyHanna
Casual Listener

I know this post is by now slightly outdated but believe it or not – I am actually researching into this topic as part of my Master's dissertation right now! Could I ask you guys to take part in my survey? That would be amazing!! It'll only take you about 5 minutes to complete: Survey – Spotify Usage and Experience 

Thank you!

crematedman
Community Legend
SUGGESTED POSTS