How has your Discover Weekly changed your music taste?

Re: How has your Discover Weekly changed your music taste?

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Answered the questions too    @HappyHanna :)

About how much DW has changed my music taste... Well it has certainly become more electronic. Those blues-jazz-other interesting genre-offbounces come through a few music artists that I monitor closely.

I used to listen to just a few artists before plunging into this feature... And in the beginning, sometime, me and one of my friends would listen to very similar music... Meaning that our Discover Weekly playlists were similar as well. She still gets song recommendations that are in the listing of the sounds that I like. ;)

Most of my "You Sound Nice" playlist is formed by the Discover Weekly.

SebastyRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13
I answered your survey @HappyHanna. I wish you best of luck for your dissertation :)

DW has changed my music preference a little bit. I listen to pop and rock mostly but thanks to DW, I started to like folk music.
rossi1911Rock Star 13
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

HappyHanna
Casual Listener

@crematedman Thank you so much! And great article!! 

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello.

It has not changed my taste but it contributes to the discovery of different versions of the songs that I like. The different versions of songs especially covers are something not easy to be discovered. Besides this, Discover Weekly helps me to expand my own playlist especially on collecting the songs that I like. 

That's how I feel. Have a good day ahead~~

crematedman
Community Legend

@HappyHanna I'm glad you enjoyed it - keep us updated ^_^

kieerraa_x

Discover weekly, in my opinion is one of the best spotify inventions/widgets to have been created. It has greatly influenced not only mine for definite but thusands of other user's tastes too. It has opened me up to so much more different types/genres of music suited to my own personal tastes spotify has picked up on. 

r3n

its amazing i love it

benava
Casual Listener
My Discover Weekly helped me find so many artists I never listened to that I do now! I always wanted to listen to new music but I never knew the best ways to find new stuff, but once I started listening to my Discover Weekly I was introduced to so many great songs and artists. I remember hearing "City Of Stars" by Logic on my Discover Weekly for the first time, and that introduced me to his music and other rappers like him!! It is honestly great.

elgranchobi
Roadie

before getting into Spotify, I did not opened my ears to anythign I already knew it was good. But with the Discover playlists I have started to appreciate the love for finding hidden Gems I found Gin Wigmore, I found K. Fley, I found Finde... and a lot of other acts that are not that mainstream, but are even better than most of the mainstream artists that I know.. 

https://show.co/j3cKRkl

JLODM

alexafrat

Discover Weekly is something I have counted on for the past few weeks..it is selective to the right songs I want on my playlist, rather than waiting for New Music Friday! I feel that I am using it more often than my own release radar, and I wish the release radar was more specific and had more songs added on Fridays that are particular to my added songs!

SUGGESTED POSTS