Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and are looking into it. Subscribe here if you don't see the stories or here if they cause your app to stop responding. We'll keep you updated in those threads.

I do not prefer politics over my music

Highlighted

I do not prefer politics over my music

Casual Listener

The worst thing that Spotify can do, is when I am listening to a playlist, that is playing in the background, and when I return to it: I am plasted with Michell Obama Podcast. Not only I didn't ask for it, you pushing a narrative that's against my view point which ruins my listening experience. I ask, politely, bombshellz is my username, do not do it again.

6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: I do not prefer politics over my music

Roadie

Unfortunately there is no way to dislike podcasts or remove them from the suggestions. The best option is to just ignore it.

Highlighted

Roadie

I even got some of that nonsense in my notification bar, as well as on my homepage. It's funny that they suggest her, who I definitely wouldn't listen to, but they don't suggest Dr. Steve Turley, Anthony Brian Logan, or Tim Pool.

Screenshot_20201023-133635.png

Highlighted

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

Hey @bombshellz 

Is it an advert for the podcast that you're getting, or did the podcast start playing itself instead of your playlist?

Just asking, because  no content that you haven't selected yourself, should start playing on its own. Ads are.. well, not always pleasant. : )

SebastyRock Star 17
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Thanks Sabastian, no, I had a playlist playing and I wanted to change songs. When I switch back to the APP, it had Michell Obama instead.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

To clarify, I don't mind the ADs at all, the issue is, my playlist got switch with Michell Obama's playlist with me requesting it. I don't listen to spotify that often, that's why I don't have a subscription, and I accept the compromise. That was just going to far IMHO. Considering the climate.

Highlighted

Composer

@bombshellz 

Facts!!

SUGGESTED POSTS