I just can't find this one song!

Highlighted

I just can't find this one song!

Casual Listener

Ok, so I have this one song that I heard of Spotify and I thought It would easy to find. However, I can't think of any of the lyrics or the artist. I think is might be an indie or alternative song, I'm not too sure. It a guy, I think the dudes african american, singing about how life was so much better when he was younger and how much life sucks today. The only thing lyrics-wise I can think of is that at the end of the chorus he talks about sitting back and drinking a drink. Not alcohol related just a nostalgic drink. 

Please help!!!

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: I just can't find this one song!

user-removed
Not applicable

@theevilhina

Hello:

Can you maybe describe a bit more of what style of music it was pop rock, rap, jazz, r&b, or maybe an acoustic jingle of some sort? Been so many types of songs over the last 50-80 years of music with lyrics about life being simpler or better, and then well the song writer seems to think it is time to cash in all their chips as one would say in some circles.

The song would not be maybe American Pie would it? That is the most famous of songs covered many times over the years, which your song description brought to my mind to the fore front but originally done by Don McLean?

Highlighted

Casual Listener
I don't believe it was a cover of any sort, it was a genuine reflection on nostalgia from the more recent adult generation. The focus was on the late eighties possible nineties years so the artist would be in the mid to late twenties. It referenced specific brands (and if I could remember which ones life would be so much easier). It maybe had a pop rap-ish feel with an indie spin (excuse me if I sound as ridiculous as I think I do) and I believe the song came out within 2014-2016.

I'm sorry I can't give more info, I only heard it once and it was a little bit ago and I already have terrible memory as it is.
Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

@theevilhina

Hum, no songs currently pop up for me here currently, sorry. Someone on the community might see this post, and the correct song will spring to their mind for those readers.

You might think about maybe creating a last.fm http://www.last.fm/ account to keep track of what music you played. Users can connect a last.fm account to their Spotify accounts in the Spotify desktop and mobile app settings of their Spotify apps. Last.fm also displays album cover art for each song played and the content played is posted on users scrobbel pages.

SUGGESTED POSTS