I want to follow other classical music fans

Betreff: I want to follow other classical music fans

ianajack
Music Fan
Yes - Barenboim is very good and I think Tomlinson is one of the best Wotans on record.
Why would you play in shuffle mode? Don't you lose the story that way?
Most recently I have been listening to the Solti ring - one of the greatest recording achievements of all time, and I enjoyed the Knappertsbusch on here too.
Do you also like Richard Strauss?

hans-jürgen
Roadie

It depends on my mood and time if I want to listen through an album or rather be entertained by a random mix of my favorite music from all genres. My listening habits have definitely changed since streaming sites offer so many options to listen to the music I like. I was an album listener in the past, but nowadays prefer to just start my library containing everything I like in shuffle mode. It's also fun to guess what performance I am listening to when a Ring excerpt comes up.

The Solti Ring is of course an important performance, also for being the first one available in stereo back in the '50s. What I like about the Bayreuth live albums is the unique sound that you can hear even on good mono recordings. So besides the Barenboim Ring I also included the ones by Pierre Boulez and Karl Böhm in my playlist as well as Christian Thielemann with a rather new performance (or at least I think I did). ;-)

And Richard Strauss is also on my list of favorite composers besides Mahler and Bruckner who you can find in my Conductors playlist a lot.

DonSolare
Roadie

If you enjoy contemporary classical music, and concretely German Lied, you might like this short album, Vorzeichen der Nacht. The music can remind you of early Alban Berg songs. The last track (bonus track) is set to Rainer Maria Rilke's Ernste Stunde.

An incredible bariton from Croatia (Kresimir Strazanac) is singing:

https://play.spotify.com/album/4aNLOuF28szIiZvqf5FuWr

for instance:

spotify:track:3ELueSbiD2iSQxH380nnME:small

Vaaal88
Casual Listener

Hello, I would also love to find new music by following other users. And it's also nice to peek what are people are listening :)

This is my user profile link. Feel free to follow me, and I'll follow back :)

https://open.spotify.com/user/1168189363

I listen to all kind of classical musics, but mostly Baroque or Contemporary stuff.

user-removed
Not applicable

Well I only listen to instrumenal music which is basically the same things as classical.

Vaaal88
Casual Listener

Uhm.. no, it's not..

Re: I want to follow other classical music fans

musicajet
Composer

Hi! I hope you're still part of  this community, since your post is from long ago.

The same for me: it would be nice to follow other classical music fans.

On my profile (musicajet) you can find a lot of chamber music (string quartet / quintet, piano trio, piano solo, violin / cello solo).  Also a lot of early music (baroque, renaissance) and some contemporary classical.

You need to scroll down a bit (first you will eseeall kinds of worldmusic and pop).

To give you an idea of what I like 5 playlists:

spotify:user:musicajet:playlist:3rkkCevmjXBjIhufgTdYSh

spotify:user:musicajet:playlist:5Pd5neAdhUb9lvI3oiPsp1

spotify:user:musicajet:playlist:39qtO79pGGAzI7mHeTOzCX

spotify:user:musicajet:playlist:34NgwJy2nsLFiOiENQtv5k

spotify:user:musicajet:playlist:4wdsBDWlrsvfJUQQU8ydOE

Enjoy!

Re: I want to follow other classical music fans

TemporaNigra
Music Fan

Hi there, I'm not an expert of classical music but i'm making this playlist to accompany my current readings :D 

https://open.spotify.com/user/11160821912/playlist/2LKHp4MwKuOiT42dvDoP5J?si=GlyyFxOeSx2-OT_655XkUQ

SUGGESTED POSTS