Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Indie/Alternative] Recommend a band with <500 followers

[Indie/Alternative] Recommend a band with <500 followers

Spotify has a lot of great, undiscovered indie and alternative artists. Some of them just need a push into the spotlight. 

In this thread you can recommend your favorite indie artists with less than 500 Spotify followers. 

Adult Mom has just 398 followers, but they're a promising all-female indie band from New York. I'd recommend for fans of Rilo KileyFrankie Cosmos. 

Label: Tiny Engines

spotify:track:0JUd8BsFKe78p9Jq0LWBZB

To add a Spotify Play Button:

1. Right click on the desired song. 

2. Click 'Copy Spotify URI'. 

3. Go to your Community post.  

4. Click 'Insert/edit link button'

5. Paste URI. 

6. Click Post.     

We'll collect all the tracks in this playlist:

spotify:user:spotifycommunity:playlist:6WBcjapsLGoIWXx5Qq0bZO

85 Replies

Hello !

Driver Drive Faster - Open House - 2011. ( Akoustik Anarkhy Recordings )

( 333 Followers )

Driver Drive Faster are a rock/indie band from Chorlton-**bleep**-Hardy in Manchester, England.
After the demise of their previous band, Polytechnic, in the winter of 2008, Dylan, Peet and Yuri locked themselves away in a makeshift studio above a tanning salon in Chorlton, and began writing and recording new material. They built up a significant back catalogue of songs, and in the Spring of 2009 recruited the drumming talents of German born David and started gigging around Manchester and London. Since then they have supported acts such as The Aliens, Japandroids, Erland and The Carnival, The Drums and ex-Pavement's Marble Valley. They have received strong support from BBC radio 6 DJs Marc Riley and Steve Lamacq, as well as Radio 2's Radcliffe & Maconie show. In February 2010, DDF released their debut single 'They May Talk' through Lex Records, along with remixes of the song by The Young Knives and Manchester's May68. The latter of which received numourous plays on BBC Radio 1.

The band released their debut album on Manchester based label akoustik anarkhy in the spring of 2011 ( Wikipedia )

""

Hey indie fans. I'm gathering the songs/ artists recommended in this thread in this playlist. It's an easy way to scan who has been mentioned and to keep up-to-date:

spotify:user:spotifycommunity:playlist:6WBcjapsLGoIWXx5Qq0bZO

I'm also going to recommend Stillwave (77 followers) which @Jack_H accurately described as a good mix Interpol and The National:

spotify:track:0OXMoXbJ3uG1Pui89f12Uh

Hello !

Bellows ( 348 Followers )

Bellows is the bedroom recording project of Oliver Kalb.
Bellows' sound is delicate but erupts with frantic wobbling drums and large orchestral sections that defy the limitations of conventional pop and folk. bellows is meant to be encouraging. thanks for listening.( Bandcamp )

My selection:

""

Hello !

Scrabbel ( 39 Followers )

Scrabbel was formed in 1999 by two old high school friends, Dan Lee and Becky Barron. On the strength of their debut show in 2000 at a sold out event for the San Francisco International Asian American Film Festival, they were approached by a label to make a record. They released their first full length in 2001 on Kittridge Records. The music was full of imagination and incorporated unconvential instruments such as a Speak n Spell. The self titled CD was rated 4 out of 5 stars in the All Music Guide and the SF Weekly's review called it "a Sgt. Pepper's for the twee set".

( http://www.discogs.com/ )

My Selection:

""

Hello !

Between the pine ( 4 Followers )

Loose and organic post-folk songwriting from James Diotte, whose music dwells in the the same sort of brooding depths plumbed by Mount Eerie or Phosphorescent, whilst always pushing the arrangements down the road least travelled - layering instruments atmospherically and in a most un-singer-songwriterly fashion. "The songs of Between The Pine all "come from mistakes", according to the lyrics from the album Friends, Foes, Kith and Kin. Listening to the variety in the instrumentation, found sounds and occasional interludes spread throughout the album proves it is the result of much experimentation, but the intricately choreographed arrangements seem to betray the idea that this wasn't planned. ( http://boomkat.com/downloads/150236-between-the-pine-friends )

My Selection:

""

Archabald are great:

spotify:track:5hCoddrJPLSnvDh9V42GHr

Fixed that play button for you @NotJackWhite. This is probably the easiest way to include those play buttons in posts. 

Thanks for the Archabald recommendation.

Alternative dance band Delorean have 178 followers but will appeal to fans of Yeasayer  and Hot Chip

spotify:track:7gxUJkbc3oZJwicJl1CGv6:small

Hello !

Capybara ( 450 Followers )

""

I'm really loving Kaptan - Just 247 followers but totally worth a listen if you like indie/rock with a little bit of an upbeat feel

spotify:track:0CDoNIHn1ivManl0kloMzj

Hello !

Tommy Santee Klaws  ( 77 followers )

Tommy Santee Klaws exist for over 10 years in California. His discography account seven albums and some singles and Ep. The Latest album is titled "The Fear" ( 2015 )

My Selection:

""

I currently LOVE the artist Rothwell.  Especially the song below.  I think she has about 200 followers?  Definitely worth the listen!

spotify:track:7hH06VVfMdIMo71p9jkQ81

I would strongly encourage people to check out Dub club. Currently 130 followers. Check out. Gimme gimme.
http://open.spotify.com/track/2JzRBmhaOj48vAcrSKhjfz
Off the album 'foundation come again'

Dub club is a Los Angeles reggae club, bringing back legends of reggae back to play live.
Music and Living - Same Thing

Strange coincidence I now notice the album 'foundation come again' was released on this day July 16 two years ago!The snake of synchronicity slithers on.
Music and Living - Same Thing

Hello !

Herzfeld Orchestra  ( 2010 - 2012 ) ( 53 followers )

Herzfeld Orchestra is a collective of musicians Herzfefd label (Strasbourg - France)

""

The Sister Ruby Band !!

(my personal favorite : Sweet Georgia)

Coaltar Of The Deepers (87 followers) is a Japanese band that has been around since the early 90's. Their music takes influence mainly from shoegazing, but also incorporates metal, pop, and occasionally electronica. Their lead singer Narasaki has also composed music for many anime series and worked with shoegazing group Astrobrite.

Recommended for fans of: RidePlastic Tree, and early Placebo.

spotify:track:6UJCbLyYCK7HGyCFzyZoIN

Suggested posts