Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Is there a way to find a specific user?

Is there a way to find a specific user?

Regular

My son created a playlist (or several?)
I wanted to find it on Spotify.
Is there a way I can find it, or he can send me a link to it?
It's not public, so I may need to have him change the privacy setting (?)

I'm just starting (total newbie), so I don't know if it's even possible.

Is there a way to look up another user?

5 Replies

Re: Is there a way to find a specific user?

Community Legend

Hey @Mark_42 and welcome to the community!

If you both are connected to Facebook, you can find him using the search bar or clicking on the "follow" tab in the left sidebar. If one of you (or both) aren't connected to Facebook, you need to type this exact phrase in the searchbar: spotify:user:USERNAME

And replace USERNAME with his actual username (either it's a nickname or a bunch of numbers - according how your son has signed up for the service). He can look up his username on http://spotify.com/account/overview.

Searching for playlists won't give you good results because there are too many playlists published and often you can't find what you want. And if your son has set his playlists to private, you cannot find them anyway. I suggest you both should follow each other (find with the method I just explained) and then click on a playlist and select "share.." so he can send it to you right away 🙂

Regular

Thanks!
I got his user I.D. from him, and found his profile.
I couldn't see the playlist - I think he's going to make it public. It's up to him though.
I suspect he was thinking I might prefer him to keep it private... It's a humorous playlist.
When he told me about it, I immediately suggested a song for it though.

It's called something like "Poopin' Songs". The idea is that it's a list of songs to listen to

while you are sitting on the commode. I suggested "The Waiting is the Hardest Part".
Both of my kids cracked up at that suggestion.
The only other song I remember from the ones he told me are on the list is "Under Pressure".

Yeah, we're a bit warped, but all in fun.

Community Legend

Haha sounds really funny 😄

He doesn't have to make the playlist public - you can ask him to share his playlist with you.

Or you create your own and share it with him. 😉

Regular

Maybe I'll make a copy of it after I can access it.

Regular

He eventually made it public.
I just sent him a bunch of suggestions to add - but here is the URL for now, if anyone wants to see the list.

https://play.spotify.com/user/underdawg64/playlist/0zY5f6xmINUKRfuwI87avH

SUGGESTED POSTS