Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is there a way to request that Spotify add an album?

Is there a way to request that Spotify add an album?

Spotify has many Phil Keaggy albums, but not the one that I want. Is there a formal way to request that they add it to the library, or find out of there is some legal reason why a particular album is left out? I would like to see The Wind and the Wheat in the library.

5 Replies

Hey rlrcstr!

Unfortunately, there is no obvious way to submit a formal request on Spotify. The best way to get your favorite songs featured is to directly contact the artist's record company, and request that they share their songs with Spotify. If they agree, it may take a while for Spotify to buy the rights to the song. For more information, I reccomend you read this excerpt written by a Spotify moderator:

@Meredith wrote:

Please know posting in the Community is not an affective way of getting an artist on Spotify. The best course of action is contacting the artist or their record label directly to let them know you'd like to listen on Spotify.

We want all the world’s music on Spotify. However, some artists and tracks are not currently available. Sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label, or a change may happen in music ownership.

Thousands of albums and artists are added to Spotify every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon.

What about Podcasts & Videos?

Licensing and ownership constraints can also apply to non-musical content, such as podcasts and videos.

What about mixtapes?

We know that some artists make their own mixtapes freely available online. But to put it on Spotify, we still need to license it.

Artists can submit their music to Spotify via an aggregator, and we’ll be more than happy to upload it. However, it’s up to the submitter to gain permission from all the individual rights holders to use their music in this way.

Thank you so much for supporting the community

Oburger04

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi,

Actually, there is a way to request that Spotify add an album, song, or artist/band. Just search Google for "Spotify Music Request Form", fill it out, and hit "Submit".

Follow me

The is one album, in particular, I would love to see on Spotify and that is "Forever And Ever Love Songs Of 60's". It was released in 1993 and is a compilation of the best love hits of the 60s. I would love to see it here. Here is a link to the album

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Forever-And-Ever-Love-Songs-Of-60s/release/5906866

Hi, this is more as a request for my dad as he really liked this band and have unfortunately broken up now, however my dad is really disappointed that the album Tall tales from under the table by The Dogs is not available on spotify but is on apple music. He is considering changing his subscription to apple music as it contains this album. He and I would both really appreciate if you could add this album to the collection as it is one of his favourite albums and would enjoy streaming it via spotify. Here’s a link from youtube: https://youtu.be/5sR6mQe4VqA

Thanks, Joe

Could you please add the song: DOP, Tamada, Nini Nutsubidze - SHISHI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM3N-eIkWbk

Suggested posts