Is there a way to stop playing an artist on a radio channel?

Is there a way to stop playing an artist on a radio channel?

kdub
Casual Listener

If I'm playing a Bon Iver station, I don't want Florence and the Machines playing!! She's on every channel I pick. Is there a way to unselect an artist from playing on a channel??? You guys are not doing a good job of selecting related artists at all. 

9 Replies

Re: Is there a way to stop playing an artist on a radio channel?

caseyt377

Yes please get an answer for me!  There are several artists that I don't want to hear that I hear constantly on the radio stations I frequent.  

aertskato

If you use the iOS version of the Radio,
you can 'thumbs down' songs you don't like
and like that you avoid hearing them again.
But this feature isn't in the desktop app right now.
Give new music a try tough! ;)

caseyt377

Well I have an android...  I love new music!  There are just a couple of artists associated with my type of music that I don't care for.  Thanks for trying!  

user-removed
Not applicable

Hey Caseyt377!

I can promise the better radio is coming also to Android.

Have a nice day! BTW, what kind of music you like? I like dance. :)

plooms

I continually thumbs down all songs by "Future Island" on my "Youth Lagoon" radio and it never stops playing them. When is it going to figure out that thumbing down a band every time they come on means I don't want to hear that band?!

Bob_Dobbs
Casual Listener

I have a Hot Sugar radio station and it keeps playing Death Grips.  No offense to Death Grips, or their fans, but I find their music irritating and have thumb down'd every track that pops up and they seem to never go away.  Even the same tracks pop back up.  It would be totally groovy if this feature could be improved by making it so thumbs down'd tracks never replay.  Maybe you could even add a profile-global thumbs down on an entire artist, so while i'm bumping Flying Lotus I can avoid hearing Death Grips all together.

gizmocuz

Please spotify , make an option for this.

I get all kinds of Dutch rap music in between my songs of a playlist/radio

Hate this genre!

This gives me a very bad feeling about this service, which i use since 2014!

Yes, there are alternatives

lilaa_
Casual Listener

I have a Samsung and have found this option on all of my playlists (which haven't been made by me). What I tend to do is, if I find a song I don't like by a particular artist is I press the Don't Play This button and it stops playing. Over time when you keep listening it will stop playing the songs or songs similar to the ones you've pressed the option for, and eventually will stop playing the artist you don't want to listen to. 

PicsArt_08-24-02.56.02.png
PicsArt_08-24-02.55.35.png

avaprinzo
Music Fan

if you use IOS, there's a way to "thumbs down" music. hope this helps! :)

SUGGESTED POSTS