Jamie xx album, thoughts?

Jamie xx album, thoughts?

Community Manager
Community Manager

The music world seems to be going crazy over this one. Anyone want to share their thoughts after the first listen?

spotify:album:01uabHpYa9AA55wc6AwRQL

10 Replies

Re: Jamie xx album, thoughts?

Gidyin
Community Legend

Not had a chance to listen to the full album but 'Loud Places' is without doubt going to be massive this Summer. 

livinlargo
Roadie

on first listen-i liked the two tracks with Romy(SeeSaw & Loud Places) the rest- meh...

Community Manager
Community Manager

@livinlargo wrote:

on first listen-i liked the two tracks with Romy(SeeSaw & Loud Places) the rest- meh...

Were you already an xx fan @livinlargo? Or not so much?

livinlargo
Roadie

@Meredith, i wouldn't say i am a big xx fan. i like Romy. unlike most, i thought their debut only okay. the same with Coexist-

a friend mentioned them and the Pixies in the same breath (we no longer speak). :smileytongue:

Community Manager
Community Manager

The xx and the Pixies!? 

livinlargo
Roadie
Yeah, he said something to the effect that xx was like a new day Pixies in that they had a innovative guy and a creative female in the background. It was said after a few beers so...lol

cephalization
Community Legend

I love this album. Listened to it all the way through four or five times now. Seesaw, Stranger in a Room, Loud Places, and Girl are all unskippable for me. I was a fan of Jamie XX before hand because of Far Nearer. I was also a fan of The XX but somehow didn't catch the relation until I read a pitchfork article on Jamie. Great stuff.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

My Playlists
Accept my post as the solution if I was helpful!
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

So far it doesn't have any votes in our New Releases of June poll--kind of surprising.

Merik
Community Legend

In Colour is one my my favorite albums. I was completely blown away when I saw it as a visual album on iTunes. Then it got released on Spotify and I haven't stopped streaming it since!

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

SUGGESTED POSTS