Jukebox Mood Setters

Jukebox Mood Setters

DustinApproxima
Regular
So you're in a cozy bar and needing that perfect song to make the other humanz pause for a second and take notice. Maybe forget their troubles or put a smile on their face. Jukebox pressure is real, and I need more ideas. ANY kind of music.

What do you play?

A million songs swirling in my head but my last visit to the bar a few days ago I played Art Blakey's - Moanin and Willie Nelson's - Moonlight In Vermont and they set the tone nicely.
9 Replies

Re: Jukebox Mood Setters

heartscore
Community Legend

Everything Jazz and slow would fit. I would play this at first

https://play.spotify.com/track/6PPFxL6VP4U9F2kOPEb2fH

crematedman
Community Legend

@heartscore good shout

@DustinApproxima I like the thread idea ^_^ I get distracted by most music though XD

I feel like nostalgic songs are another kind of music that make people take notice and smile.

spotify:track:6F09o5pddFJv6gQBcguTMv

brian_mansfield
Community Legend

For me, nothing sounds better coming out of a jukebox speaker than The Flamingos' "I Only Have Eyes for You." There's something about those reverb-heavy backing vocals that reaches out from the past and pulls me straight back into another, older world.

spotify:track:3pHKy8Vmwi52p7V9ADdmTU:small

PeeJay_
Roadie

heartscore
Community Legend

@brian_mansfield Indeed, they used more reverb than the average surf-band, maybe an EMT Plate reverb

heartscore
Community Legend

@crematedman Every post of a Who-song gets a Like from me 🙂

crematedman
Community Legend

@heartscore right? so good!

heartscore
Community Legend

@crematedman In my own personal and biased ranking The Who are before The Beatles and The Rolling Stones

Highlighted

markivallejo
Casual Listener

Definitely a jukebox classic

Sleazy Walkin' is an indie rock / rap anthem about the troubles of paradox in conflict.

I hope you enjoy

https://open.spotify.com/track/21zEFc2OqWxzoFhizxVuL3

SUGGESTED POSTS