Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

LOUDEST GIGS EVER? ♫ ♪

Re: LOUDEST GIGS EVER? ♫ ♪

Music Fan

It was intense. Got to see them three times while they were still active, but nothing beats that first time at a derelict venue.

Bonus: After the show, both Zack and Tom came out to hang out and talked to the kids waiting for their ride outside of the Astroarena. 

Community Legend

@Jack At Laneway Festival in Melbourne, it's surrounded by multi-floor buildings so the sound bounces off the apartment buildings. They were after Whitney and before Aurora!

Roadie

The loudest I have experienced was Paul McCartney. It was at The Ahoy in Rotterdam, The Netherlands (terrible venue). It could be because of the location of our seats, I had a hiss in my ears for two days after (I was scared that it would be permanent)

I loved the whole concert, but this one stands out:

spotify:track:0lWYfEn15CcSBlkb6EKaQG:small

Another concert that turned out to be really loud was OMD... It was back in '94 I think. Cape Town, South-Africa. Also an inside venue. I remember going out in the foyer and to the bathroom and still feeling the bass against my chest! Love that feeling.

spotify:track:5WeMMlylGCVGc0ChHSysJA:small

The worst sound I have ever experienced was with the Paul Simon concert to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Graceland. In the Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam (an excellent venue otherwise...)

Spotify
Spotify

Ah, grand choices from you there, @Machiel_M 🙂 

I'd love to see some more bands from OMD's era. Human League, New Order, etc. I saw Gary Numan live in Norwich in the East of England a few years ago, and his Industrial-tinged material really resonated well in that venue. Similar kind of bass-on-chest vibes right there.

Music Fan

I have worked at venues for a long time now, and I must say that seeing muse in a 500 capacity venue was absurdly loud. Also, the black lips in a 450 capacity was utterly insane!

Spotify
Spotify

Aah @cbdeane, I'm such a huge Black Lips fan 🙂 I imagine that was raucous. I saw Thee Oh Sees At the Coronet in South London late last year, and their stage show reminded me of the former. Pure adrenaline-injected garage rock...

Music Fan

It was pretty crazy, the promoter insisted that it be an all ages show but I doubt there was anyone under 21 there. I watched the whole thing from a rocking chair behind the merch table with Selector Dub Narcotic - we were the sober squares hardly working 😛

Regular

Gotta be Motorhead.  Lemmy's bass feedback at the end stayed ringing in your years for at least a week!

Music Fan

Shihad - inspiring New Zealand concert goers to wear earplugs since the late 1990's!!  Fantastic concert (they are soooooo good live!!!!) but saw them in a teeny tiny venue where i could feel the base pulsating through every bodily organ and for the next week I felt like I was listening to everything with my head under water.

https://open.spotify.com/album/2ulqgLYBRNqa3D6TMCeRCg

SUGGESTED POSTS