Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Labels You Love

Labels You Love

In addition to sharing great tracks, album and playlists, sharing quality record labels can be a great channel for music discovery. 

Lately I've been going through the Run For Cover label. There's a great feature on the work they're doing out of MA here.

For a good sampler of what they're doing, I recommend their "Run For cover: Best of 2016" playlist:

spotify:user:runforcoverrecords:playlist:0Vuob6IpOV56uQEmA23yPG

What other labels do all recommend for the Community?

13 Replies

Also, just a handy Search tip for you guys:

label.jpg

@meahtenoha That's a brilliant idea!

Here's the first that comes to mind - http://milk.milkrecords.com.au/

Young Turks, Moose Records, Majestic Casual

For Progressive Rock: Magna Carta, Purple Pyramid

For New Age: Hearts of Space, Narada, Windham Hill

For Classical: Bis, Chandos, Decca, Deutsche Grammophon, EMI Classics, Harmonia Mundi, Lyrita, Naxos, Nimbus, Sony Classical, Supraphon, X5 Music Group

For Jazz: Blue Note, Telarc

For K-Pop: DSP Media, SM Entertainment

Multiple genres: BMG Music, Columbia, Magnatune, EMI, RCA, Sony, Universal, Warner

spotify:user:128759556

I like Lowly Palace a lot. They've got their own playlist: https://play.spotify.com/user/lowlypalace/playlist/4255caFkn50N8gNSyhlTlV

For good alternative music and nice new tunes, check this label out:

https://open.spotify.com/user/excelsiorrecordings 

I really like the label Epitaph they habe the best band in rock (more new stuff though) like Falling in reverse or A day to remember

Numero Group are incredible. It's hard for me to believe how much of their output makes its way onto Spotify. 

Also, they currate playlists based on genres so not neccesarily music that they have released. I love their Exotica mix, Technicolour Paradise. 

spotify:user:numerogroup:playlist:1XUSwI9BxPw0NvxDVWq053

And they put the entire ORK Records box set up. It's the best. 

Epitaph for post-hardcore type music.

JYP Nation for kpop.

They're the only kinds of music I listen to 😛

Perhaps my favorite record label is Stickman Records, which has released many of my favorite albums by psychedelic/stoner rock bands such as 35007, Elder, Grotto, King Buffalo, Monkey3, and Weedpecker.

Heavy Psych Sounds Records is another label that I like, as bands that I enjoy listening to such as Black Rainbows, Belzebong, Bongzilla, Brant Bjork, Earthless, Nebula, Ryte, Siena Root, and Stoned Jesus have released albums with this record label.

Another label that I listen to often is Ripple Music, which has released albums by stoner rock bands that I like such as Forming the Void, Freedom Hawk, Mothership, Psychlona, The Necromancers, and Wo Fat.

I also listen to releases by Riding Easy Records, for which several bands in the stoner rock/doom metal genres that I like are signed, including Acid King, Mondo Drag, Monolord, Spelljammer, and The Well.

And another record label that I like is El Paraiso Records, which was started by members of the psychedelic/stoner/space rock band Causa Sui. In addition to Causa Sui, there are other psychedelic rock bands signed to this label whom I also enjoy listening to, including Mythic Sunship, Kanaan, and Monarch.

Cheers!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I think everyone that loves electronic music should check out Vision. Not only is the label created and held by Noisia, it houses a whole lot of great artists ranging from wild neurofunk and bass music to some rather intricate sound design. They have a well-updated profile on Spotify, so feel free to go crazy. : )
spotify:user:visionrecordings 

My personal favourite is Renraku. Very forward thinking bass music from a small label full of lovely people. Sounds range from absolutely vicious beats that run along paths and patterns I never imagined existed, all the way to really wonderful beatless soundscapes to get lost in. Excellent beats, masterful crafting of sound. Love this label so much!
They also have a Spotify account for easy discovery, check 'em out there:

spotify:user:renraku_global_media 

And then there's Nomark, which is (at least not currently) not really a label even though it behaves like one, but a vehicle for one man to put out his music, split into several different aliases. All of which have their own sound and personality, making it quite stunning all of this comes from one man sitting in his cozy-looking studio.
That would be Amon Tobin with his multiple personalities.
Also on Spotify in a form of a playlist, have a look:
spotify:playlist:1FaEW4vITvA0MkxeDpSG7d 

I would say Nomark is my favourite, but it's not really a label. : )

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Did you guys know that a majority of playlists on Spotify feature artists from major labels, mostly Sony, universal, and warner bros. However independent labels are slowly starting to take over the platform as of last year. 

I think naturally independent labels and artists will take over because so much of music has turned DIY because of growing technology. 

Image-1-2-836x627.jpg

Suggested posts