Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin

So I've read that Led Zeppelin was going to be on Spotify and that the person with the rights would give them permission to stream Led.

After further investigation I realize that the forum with that information is over a year old. 

Every other notorious rock band from that era of music (The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Ramones, The Rolling Stones etc) is streamable.

I honestly believe that whomever holds claim to the Led Zeppelin royalties would have no problem permitting their music on Spotify.

Why has it taken so long for nothing to happen?

I think us fans need to speak up a little more.

36 Replies

Led Zeppelin from my knowledge are extremely picky about who can license there music has always been that way. From Wikipedia:

"Unlike many of their contemporaries, the band has been very protective of its catalogue of songs and has seldom allowed them to be licensed for other uses. For example, it was not until 2007 that the band licensed their songs to any online music stores."

Times are a changin, but I can't see Led Zeppelin jumping on board anytime soon. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

can someone please tell me why Led Zeppelin is not on spotify?? this I can not understand... does anyone know?

The Righteous Filter (HearNoEvil 2.0) does not allow devil musics

I would assume it's because they aren't giving Spotify the rights to their music. Same reason why there are no Beatles albums

and no eagles until recently....

We'd love to have it some day. I'm a big fan too. For more information on this please see https://support.spotify.com/problems/#!/article/Content-missing/

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

They are being cautious over who streams their music. I have created a google alert to tell me when someone posts something with "spotify" and "zeppelin". I did the same for Pink Floyd and was the first to enjoy their music when it was available.

Go to google.com/alerts and create an alert "Spotify Led Zeppelin" and you'll get notified when things happen.

Fingers crossed they'll release their amazing music soon!

Thumbs down to the OP for getting me excited about The Beatles.  As if...

No ac/dc either

-------------------------------------
The Stream Lab is a guide for streaming music festivals, concerts, clubs, and DJs. Watch as it happens live from around the globe, FREE! We also have a kick-ass Spotify profile!

+1   When is Led Zeppelin coming to Spotify?

Who knows, depending on how long it takes to get the rights.

Unless they have a massive chance of heart sometime soon, 2020 maybe? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

People need to be educated in the ways of Led Zep! I can guarentee there are plenty of people in the younger generation who have no idea who they are! 

spotify:user:barbaloot:playlist:65prcb4SDSBYQmeATaDp1y

I know there are politics with getting Led Zeppelin on Spotify......I dont care. I WANT LED ZEPPELIN NOW!!!!!!! 🙂

It'll be a long time until those kind of bands' record labels allow them to be put on spotify, no idea why they won't let them! I need more led zep!!!

Zeppelin NEEDS to be on spotify, i'm happy to see more Eagles and Pink Floyd on here now.. when i first joined neither of them were on here and it nearly made me cancel my premium... but i'm very glad i didn't. I've fallen in love with spotify.

However..... 

Zeppelin is a must!

It doesn't really bother me that Zeppelin isn't on spotify. I have lots of their albums. HOWEVER... This is Classic music that everyone should be able to enjoy. 

110% Yes! No music collection on earth, or streaming service for that matter, is complete without Led.

Led Zeppelin!

what's more to be said. We want Leds right now! 😉

Suggested posts