Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Let's Play a Game - Guess That Song (You Host) - Not a Double Post

Let's Play a Game - Guess That Song (You Host) - Not a Double Post

I have an idea for a game that involves a playlist. If you're interested, let me know.

It's like my 1st one:

Let's Play a Game - Guess That Song (Collaborative Playlist Game)

The idea is that You post random information about a song, then all of the rest of the players try to be the quickest to post the right answer (the song), but post it on this collaborative playlist.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/22OHW2B2CZvMMoZ3aWv52P?si=Mn-cbGVYSGWYQEYf1CRWuQ 

Don't post anything, until the question is asked, of course. Also, make sure to delete the wrong answers (from the playlist), so that it doesn't get cluttered, and so others don't think they should give up on answering. It's probably best for players to post the right answers here, before adding them to the playlist, for confirmation, and to avoid unnecessary clutter. This game can go on and on. Whoever has a question, just post it, but let others have a chance to post questions, before posting more than once. Number your questions, so we can match questions to songs, more easily. Everyone else can just join in, if you see the post and see that the question is still unanswered.

For the one asking the question, make sure to post that something is still not correct, as soon as you notice it. That way everyone knows that to keep trying. If someone did get correct answer, post the user's name (as it is listed on Spotify or both).

That user, who got it correct, can post a reply to the comment about getting it right, but keep it to one reply for that one user. Well, I hope you enjoy it.

Very Important:

• Keep the songs and album covers decent (No indecent language or innuendos or pictures).
  • Keep the genres and songs common to what people generally know.
  • If people can't guess your song, after a reasonable amount of time, You may switch it out, once. make sure to make a post at the end that informs the players of this switch. If players can't guess your 2nd song, replace your question with "Next Host", by or under the number of that question. Then make a new post with the same thing (the question number and "Next Host").
  • Keep the game going.

I reserve the right to make changes, based on the rules.

Now, on to the fun. I hope ya'll come up with some challenging and fun trivia. It can be questions, lyrics, or other references.

Follow me

7 Replies

Oh, I forgot to add something, Songs must be in English. Also, don't just add songs to this playlist. They must only be added, as part of the game. I just had to delete some random song that was added for no reason.
Follow me

Great idea for a game! Here’s a question to start:

1st Question: What song are these lyrics from?

“Generals gathered in their masses,
Just like witches at black masses
Evil minds that plot destruction,
Sorcerers of death's construction"

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Dang. That's a good question. It makes me look bad, because I know who it is. That part is obvious, but I can't remember which song it, out of the only two possibilities. The two are similar and I can't separate them in my mind. So, I'll let someone else show off his or her skills, in answering this.

Thanks for starting it off.

Follow me

Hi all, since nobody has answered Question 1 yet, here’s a hint: the lyrics were sung by Ozzy Osbourne, and the song was released on his band’s second studio album in 1970. I hope that helps! If nobody answers this question in another week, I’ll change the question to a different one.

AdamDamSpotify Star

I really want to answer this one, but I believe that I would be cheating, if I listened to the two songs that I know to pick from, now. That's kind of like looking up the lyrics. They're getting convoluted in my mind. I can't differentiate between the two. I obviously know that it's Ozzy (and THE band), and I know that you put the hint for everyone else. I wish someone else would take a crack at this. If nobody else does, before that time, maybe I'll put one of the songs that is has to be. This is a great question; it's very challenging, and we should pretty much all know it. It seems like it's kind of common knowledge.

Follow me

I think I got it. I just had the thought pop into my head that Faith No More covered "War Pigs", by Black Sabbath, which is the band that you would have been referring to. So, I ran that through my head, and the part that I remember matches the same lyrics that are posted. I don't know if I'm wrong, though. I'll wait for confirmation, before adding it. I'd like to get some people's attention to this game, so the next person can post a song triva question. Would you do that, Trey? I guess you add their names in a post, or something.

Follow me

Great job, MadmanOnWheels! Yep, you guessed the correct song, so feel free to add it to your collaborative playlist. I had forgotten that Faith No More covered “War Pigs,” and I’m curious to listen to it now. I would mention others who typically play these games in my post, to invite them to ask the next question and participate; however, I think that feature is limited to Rising Star ranks and above, unfortunately.

AdamDamSpotify Star

Suggested posts