Announcements

Let's talk about ARTIST MERCH!

Highlighted

Let's talk about ARTIST MERCH!

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

Hey 🙂

Do you buy merch? If yes, what is your most favourite piece you have got, or what you'd like to get?

Have you seen something really weird too?

I recently bought a Stunt Rhythm sweatshirt (from Amon Tobin store), safe to say it's my favourite piece of cloth now. 🙂 I've actually been dreaming about a shirt with this album art on it, I thought it would look so good on a shirt. Now that they rebooted the merch store, I found they heard my dreams.. 🙂

They are also selling a huge pillow with ISAM (album) cover art on front and tracklist at back. I'd say this is.. quite... weird. :'D

So, a thread dedicated to merch - feel free to talk about anything connected to this!

SebastyRock Star 17
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Let's talk about ARTIST MERCH!

Rock Star 12
Rock Star 12
Hey there,

I don't usually but merch. However... I do make my own! 😂 I have a handmade Twenty one Pilots t-shirt and I like it a lot 🙂 Having said that, I think you owe all of us readers a picture of that beautiful Amon Tobin doll - It's definitely mind blowing 🤩

Have a nice day.
Jose_MRock Star 12
Highlighted

Music Fan

I make most of my own band's merch, but when I go to shows for other bigger name acts I have to really want a piece of something to part with my coin. I find it fairly crazy to see t-shirts marked as high as $40 to $50 at a show. I find myself and most others are willing to go as high as $25 - but you do get the die-hards who will pay the steep prices to own a part of connection to the band.

Some of the more interesting pieces I've seen created and sold include guitar pick sets, drum sticks, autographed snare heads....nice exclusive stuff to have. I think if you can make the experience for the fan a unique purchase it really has them walking away happier.

Highlighted

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

@TransistorBand

Oh yeah, merch prices can go crazy, and I suspect they go especially crazy when that stuff is on sale at a show (as a part of a tour or something). They should be, hopefully, cheaper online.

It's no wonder many fans are willing to make their own merch. With a bit of know-how and design skills they can get really good results and save money in process.

Sure there are die-hard fans. Why else do these extremely pricey limited edition packages get sold out so superfast... :'D

@Jose_M

Um.. sure :') It's not really something I'd call merch, it's more of a crazy weird art project that I carry on with when I feel like poking my fingers with a needle is not too terrible.
WP_20181221_17_54_30_Pro.jpg

I'd like to see your Twenty One Pilots shirt too. 🙂

I also appreciate Vision Recordings store selling professional earplugs (with Noisia label on them)  by Ear Peace a tad cheaper than the product company itself.

SebastyRock Star 17
Highlighted

Composer

I would want sweaters when my merc drops. Sweaters and hats are always in fashion! The only down side to this is tht they can be very expensive 😞

Highlighted

Composer

I never bought any kind of merch.

Highlighted

Composer
Same here! Rather save that money lol

SUGGESTED POSTS