Listened to an Explicit song Yesterday now it is Clean?

Solved!

Listened to an Explicit song Yesterday now it is Clean?

ConnorMat
Casual Listener

Hi,

I was listening to "Snoop Dogg - Lodi Dodi - Doggystyle" yesterday then i booted up spotify and found that all explicit words had been replaced/radio edited. You will probably say that I am listening to a different version but im not because it was on my playlist. I really dont see the need for censorship. I am not Pro-Swearing but I think that cencorship ruins the song and does not make me enjoy the song as much. If an artist swears in a song then it is meant to be there and is not meant to be tampered with. If you do censorship many songs then at least provide an explicit version.

Thanks,

Connor.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Listened to an Explicit song Yesterday now it is Clean?

Spotify
Spotify

Hi Connor,

We totally agree. We don't censor, we only put on the music we're provided with. In this case, the track in your playlist will have become unavailable, and Spotify replaced it with the best match available. In this case, it was the censored version.

I've had a quick look, and have found an uncensored version here... Snoop Doggy Dogg – Lodi Dodi

Just add this back in and you should be sorted.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
9 Replies

Spotify
Spotify

Hi Connor,

We totally agree. We don't censor, we only put on the music we're provided with. In this case, the track in your playlist will have become unavailable, and Spotify replaced it with the best match available. In this case, it was the censored version.

I've had a quick look, and have found an uncensored version here... Snoop Doggy Dogg – Lodi Dodi

Just add this back in and you should be sorted.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

ConnorMat
Casual Listener

Hello Sam,

Thanks for the quick reply and solution. I will add the track now.

Thanks,

Connor.

Stormy1
Casual Listener

Hi,

I'm having the same issue, actually its a song of the same album, Snoop Doggy Dogg Doggystyle.  The song I'm having an issue with is Doggy Dogg World, that also seems to be labeled "Explicit" but is now clean.  Is there a replacement available?

Thanks!

Stormy1
Casual Listener

Actually I can just get it from the link you posted for Lodi Dodi, cool!

kneipe2
Regular

Doing the search and finding the uncensored track, while being appreciated, is not a solution nor is it a fix to the problem. The problem is that tracks in a playlist are being replaced. This is the issue that needs to be looked at and fixed, otherwise if we the users just have to continue to search for the tracks we've already added to a playlist becuase they're being changed where we the users have no control, then what's the point? We might as well just stick with the radio, mp3's, or a competitor. 

As I mentioned, your help in searching for the correct track is appreciated, it is not a true solution, and it would be appreciated if the reason for this happening were looked into and fixed so it does not happen again. 

r_e_d_c
Casual Listener

Yes, this is massively annoying. I keep putting the explicit track back into playlists, and it keeps getting replaced with the censored version. This is a bug that needs to be fixed with how playlists work, no matter how many times Spotify insists this is the record companies' fault.  

Shoobie_Doowah
Roadie

The Lord works in mysterious ways!

SmokinJoe
Casual Listener

I didn't want to start a whole new topic for this, but I need to add in that this 'feature' of song replacement is tremendously irritating.

I would request that you maintain the playlist with the unavailable song greyed out, I have yet to have an experience where I went searching for the explicit version after the clean one makes its way into my playlist and that explicit version is no longer available.

I can't stress how frustrating it is to feel like Spotify is invading my playlists and actively altering them - at least give us the option to turn on/off song replacement.

Highlighted

Exo-Stum

Why do we need to re-add a song that was changed / altered from it's original formatting? A song was playing for years as the original recording, and the solution is to re-add the song?

So now, everytime I come across a song that's been altered, I need to search for the actual original version, delete the editied copy we have, then add the new-original one, and re-download it to my downloaded playlist? 

Sounds daunting, and quite frankly, a complete waste ot anyones time / need. 

I think the worst part is that there was, are no announcements for it... I'd rather spend more money on the actual song in it's intended format by the recording artist than re-add any songs.

I hope there's a much easier solution - how about a settings option to allow this to not-occur?

SUGGESTED POSTS