Local Treasures

Highlighted

Local Treasures

Community Manager
Community Manager

How about some Local Treasures?

Think, a summer evening. The sun's still sharing it's warmth, work's finished for the day, and it's just too nice to head on home and hit the couch. You grab a few friends, and head to your favorite place down the road for an iced drink. Walking in, from the corner of your eye, you see a chalkboard sign with the words 'Live Music here Tonight!' painted on in big letters. You don't think much of it, as you head to the bar, chatting away.

A little while later though, you catch eye contact with the band as they wander over under mountains of gear. Your friend asks "Will you play a cover of that 'Wonderwall' song for me?", to which the band just laugh, and shake their heads. 

It can be pretty hit and miss what happens next, but you get the picture.

On a few occasions however, the unexpected treat of local music has really grabbed my attention. Stopped the conversation, and made me listen. So, I thought i'd share it!

My top three Local Treasures:

1: Who? The Willows

• Sounds like:

spotify:track:5YcbXF0IH7Nlfbrt7oZ5X5:small

• One line to sum it up:

Bold, energetic, and fun with a delicate and expressive vocal to lace things together.

2: Who? Jack Burrell

• Sounds like:

spotify:track:3n45pXyo3XE9W4wjvlPIQo:small

• One line to sum it up:

Honest, rich, and emotive with a hint of Bob Dyan in the mix.

3: Who? Little Brother Eli

• Sounds like:

spotify:track:4usgJw3WW7n2TLptdGbW2y:small

• One line to sum it up:

Get up, on your toes, sing along, and get involved.

So that's it. Three acts I discovered whilst out exploring my local area with friends.

Your turn!

Who did you come across in a local venue? Who were those bands you just had to check out on Spotify when you got home?... 

Would love to know :)

3 Replies

Re: Local Treasures

AA237
Roadie

SCOTTTHOMPSON
Music Fan
I like that band Little Brither Eli, they are fun!
Spotify Follow Artist Link: https://open.spotify.com/artist/3cI7aogg6CQjSUdwTl4KrZ

woodenmusic
Roadie
SUGGESTED POSTS