Looking for Playlist: Top 40 Pop music without rap/hip-hop

Looking for Playlist: Top 40 Pop music without rap/hip-hop

Toneman
Gig Goer

I'm looking for an continuously updating playlist for today's hits without/little rap/hip hop. Something like Billboards Adult Pop list (unfortunatley they don't have a playlist that I can plug into Spotify). Any suggestions?

16 Replies

Re: Looking for Playlist: Top 40 Pop music without rap/hip-hop

Merik
Community Legend

Hey there @Toneman, welcome to the community!

Does this track list help you? :) It doesn't automatically update, but it's all the current songs on the Adult Pop Songs list. It's really easy to get the tracklist each time it updates :

1. Go here.
  2. Click "Play entire chart" then select "Spotify."Screen Shot 2014-06-02 at 9.45.46 PM.png
  3. The track list will popup and all you have to do is click play! :)Screen Shot 2014-06-02 at 9.49.54 PM.png

Since those are track lists and not playlists, there is a ton of playlists in the Browse section that are updated frequently. If you need help finding it check out this guide.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Toneman
Gig Goer

Thanks. I did see that. I was hoping to have something I could use on my iPad in the Spotify app so that I could listen to it at the gym. Also, I don't see a way to make that list play in shuffle mode.

Merik
Community Legend

@Toneman wrote:

Thanks. I did see that. I was hoping to have something I could use on my iPad in the Spotify app so that I could listen to it at the gym. Also, I don't see a way to make that list play in shuffle mode.

Each time you play it from that little box, on your Spotify desktop client it should show all those songs. You can then drag all those songs to a playlist. Here you go, I made it into a playlist for you! Now if you follow the playlist it'll be added your playlists so you'll be able to listen to it on your iPad! :) 

What device are you using that you want to play using shuffle mode?

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Toneman
Gig Goer

Merik,

Thanks for the tip. I am out at the moment but will give that a try. I guess I just go in once and month and drag and drop to refresh.

Just a question to clarify....when you say "on your Spotify desktop client it should show all those song", do you ean when I play it from the Billboard website, those songs show up in a list on the desktop client? The challeng will be that I don't want to have to go and find each individual song and then drag it into a playlist. I just want to be able to take the full list and drag/drop into a playlist.

I just need it on my iPad and and the desktop client.

Thanks,

Tony

Merik
Community Legend

Yep, everything will show up when you play the song! Here is a video I made that shows you how easy it is to make the playlist.

When you are updating the playlist, just delete all tracks from the playlist then just do what I did in the video, then bam, there you have your Billboard playlist! :)

Highlighted

Toneman
Gig Goer

Wow, thank you for making that video. That's very clear now. I am out and not able to try it yet but will when I get home.

Now if I can somehow set up a macro to do this for me automatically every month! Let me give this some thought.

Toneman
Gig Goer

Merik,

I tried what you suggested and it worked perfectly! Thank you very much!

Tony

Merik
Community Legend

@Toneman wrote:

Merik,

I tried what you suggested and it worked perfectly! Thank you very much!

Tony

No problem Tony! I'm glad it worked out for you! Enjoy your music! :)

Toneman
Gig Goer

Merik,

Does that method of copying the playlist still work? I can't seem to get the songs to show up in the desktop client any more.

Tony

SUGGESTED POSTS