Looking for Playlist: Top 40 Pop music without rap/hip-hop

Re: Looking for Playlist: Top 40 Pop music without rap/hip-hop

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello:

Here try using this URI of the playlist I got from the desktop app, and see if it opens for you.

spotify:user:merikcastro:playlist:2K1b2ttgq04RrQ6db4Knsi

Toneman
Gig Goer

Thanks, it does open, but it looks like a list create by Merik. All I want to do is update from the Billboard every few months. I appreciate the special list, but that would mean Merik will have to update it constantly.

Anyway, I decided I'm also going to use another app that plays live radio stations in addition to Spotify to get the right mix.

Thanks,

Tony

user-removed
Not applicable

Apologizes, I misundertstood I thought the playlists were not loading correctly for you. There are a couple of ways to get the current top 40 but I ended up with just 37 songs with this weeks top 40 adult pop songs, so there must be three tracks not available in the spotify service or something anyway. I made a playlist of this weeks top 40 adult pop songs,  just click on the playlist url it will open in your desktop app. You can either follow it or just copy and paste the current songs into your own top 40 playlist or whichever you prefer. Here it is a URI linking of the playlist, so it will open in your desktop app when clicked on  If not just right click on the link and select open in new tab and it should use a launch operation to trigger the spotify desktop app to load it in the app for playing spotify:user:1248318865:playlist:6bwzOta21CsLBpe3vW05Sm.

Now the easiest way to get the 40 songs week to week is to use the billboard website to load the spotify player window for those songs and press the play button which will start playing the songs. Now press the pause button on the spotify player window and then go into your spotify desktop app Play queue, you will notice all of that weeks top 40 songs that are currently available in the spotify service there ready to play. Now just go back to your original Top 40 created playlist and then remove the last weeks old entries, or you can also select all the new top 40 tracks from the currently loaded play queue and do a highlight and then a select all method and then drag and drop this weeks top 40 tracks into your own top 40 playlist. Did this help or did I make it more confusing?

Toneman
Gig Goer

Perfect! Somehow, I didn't remember about clicking "Play Queue"--that was the step I was missing. That works! Thanks!

user-removed
Not applicable

Fantastic glad it is working. You will notice that billboard also has a Hot 100 and also a Billboard 200 list under the same type of listings, you should be able to do the same there as well if you want a much larger inclusive listing of overall new tracks. Happy Spotifying!!!

user-removed
Not applicable

Hum, correction for some reason the Billboard 200 does not have a playlist generator setup for streaming services, the Hot 100 does though. Opps apologies.

Toneman
Gig Goer

No problem. I'm not much into the Hot 100 since those include too many rap songs, which I'm not much of a fan. Anyway, it is working. Much appreciated.

SUGGESTED POSTS