Loop Pedal Masters

Highlighted

Loop Pedal Masters

Community Manager
Community Manager

With Ed Sheerans new album around the corner, I've been listening back to a lot of his early releases. 

Yesterday I was listening to his Live At The Bedford EP and hearing You Need Me, I Don't Need You again got me searching for other artists who carry a loop pedal in their guitar case.

spotify:track:5rJDpFuffh8UFEKqvzCAZP:small

The first artist that I came across was KT Tunstall.

It's a bit of a throwback, but KT Tunstall does a wicked live loop pedal version of Black Horse and the Cherry Tree for Rolling Stones. You can listen to the original here:

spotify:track:0qAMjeQFyd1qD0LDiV8gWp:small

If anyone else is really into loop pedal performances, let me know who you're listening too!

If you can't find the loop pedal version on Spotify, don't worry! Share the original version down below and we'll collect a list of loop pedal artists :)

7 Replies

Re: Loop Pedal Masters

nataliedenise
Regular

There's Mylets! He's supposed to be really good live, and he's still really young so there's a good chance we'll hear some pretty great stuff from him.

spotify:track:02UPyQH8vpcXNoMoOqR0D1:small

Spotify
Spotify

Nice topic, @Chris. Here's some of mine.

I found this guy on a compilation by the Wire magazine. John McGrath is an Irish Avant-Folk performer who currently lectures in Music Aesthetics at the University of Liverpool, England. The debut EP 'Lanterns' combines static drones, glitches and contemporary techniques with rich harmonics and intricate fingerpicking. This track's very interesting use of loop feels so alien next to the rich folk origins, but it works.

spotify:track:4UEPiLN8eZrEfAj8wHqbuv:small

This is a live version of 'Everything In It's Right Place' by Radiohead, from the 2001 Live EP 'I Might Be Wrong'. Thom's vocals are sent through Jonny’s Korg Kaoss KP1. The signal's then sent through his pedalboard. Jonny loops the vocals with the Kaoss, then uses filters, reverse reverb, and cuts the loops in real time. Pretty remarkable listening. I think this live version is better than the original.

spotify:track:4Biwp5reDGs2xNPt1irGg1:small

Kevin Shields has probably owned every pedal in existence at one point, but he favours the ZVex LO-FI Loop Junky, and he was using it on the new album and during the My Bloody Valentine reunion shows. Here's some layered goodness from them.

spotify:track:4z8GgIwK12UE8tZd2E4myL:small

Spotify
Spotify

Love that record, @nataliedenise. He's awesome. 

klee1214
Roadie

Great post idea @ChrisC ! This is one of my favorite loop style songs spotify:track:7IpYiJvdSWBuBaItaL3Dpw

369peter
Casual Listener

Reggie Watts is fantastic and hilarious! Reggie

ricknologic
Casual Listener
Hi you should defenately check out tUnE-yArDs. She is really good. I hope there will be something new soon.
https://open.spotify.com/track/7ntT9X35Y8FspsqYI2qRi3

heartscore
Community Legend
SUGGESTED POSTS