Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

MISSING ALBUMS - Back to Normal(ish)

Solved!

MISSING ALBUMS - Back to Normal(ish)

I have mentioned this already in the 'Blur' topic, but this is important. Several albums have dissapeared from several artists, such as Blur, Daft Punk, Justice and David Bowie. Wonder if anyone's got any ideas if this is normal and will be fixed or we should be panicking. Or not. I am also dissatisfied that albums and songs are taken off at all, leaving those hideous repalcement tags. They're kinda annoying.

So anyway, any thoughts on this would be great Smiley Happy

124 Replies

But why is Spotify deleteing albums which have been previously available? Example:

https://play.spotify.com/album/1JLbl4p4n5vIL7vTq7fQfa

Not available in Germany any longer. What am I paying for?

Down had their first album NOLA on spotify before but it was removed a while ago, the rest of their material (togheter with some other awfull artists rap albums) are still avaible for listening.

Ya I have seen it with Demon Days and several others....

Whats the deal? 

Time to cancel the premium subscription 🙂 Arkona and Varg are missing.

I was hoping to find an album that i like very much.You just about have every Joe Walsh album except my favorite, There Goes the Nieghborhood.It is $69 new at Amazon i guess because they didn't print enough and they're very rare.Please include this album in the Spotify database.Thank you.Premium user.

614LAgBqw8L__SX355_.jpg

I don't know what you're talk about.I have Down on one of my playlists and i just checked when i clicked on Down's profile and NOLA is still there?

@Eppe wrote:

Down had their first album NOLA on spotify before but it was removed a while ago, the rest of their material (togheter with some other awfull artists rap albums) are still avaible for listening.

The reason is that the artist or their music label has decided to remove it from Spotify.

The availability of songs on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.
Spotify has no control over what content is available.

Sometimes it is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others.
Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

You can find out more information here

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

When i put my Down Playlist up,it was June of 2014.Maybe they didn't have it there when you tried to find it in December of 2013 but it is there now.

Hey, Haken's album, Aquarius, is missing too. Could you fix it, please?

Does anyone know what's happened to Korns "Untitled" and See You On The Other Side? I recently defected from Napster but now reconsidering my stance!

Haken's album 'Aquarius' is still missing, why isn't it available in Finland anymore? Hope this will be fixed soon!

Why is Korn's "see you on the other side" gone from playlists? Please bring it back

I am a long time subcriber to Spotify and I would like to know if Korn's missing albums are due to the bands choice, the labels choice, or if its just an error on spotify's part. This issues is big enough to me that it has me considering stopping my subscription, especially is its an error on spotify's behalf.

This is getting ridiculous - whole albums and/or random songs from various artist are getting blocked everyday. I really start considering to move my subscription to other services or go back to torrent sites...

I'm so happy I finally found a board talking about this! Yes!

I woke up one morning with AlunaGeorge's song "Kaleidoscope Love" in my head, and I go to look for it and nearly the entire AlunaGeorge album is gone! I searched and only found a few singles. 

I'm actually really heart broken right now, and I don't understand what's going on. 

I really hope they can fix these missing track problems. 

The album Zeitgeist and the singles of Smashing Pumpkins Just Gone! Spotify do something!

Tokyo Police Club's album Champ can be added to the list as well. 😞

I am missing nearly every Song / Album from Varg (https://open.spotify.com/artist/4QjcHVaUB35395GeUoRIfZ)

Why this? 😞

"Time waits for no slave" from Napalm Death gone missing! Will it come back or should I subscribe to another service to listen it again?

@zsolte

Hello:

That is one of ND's releases on the label Century Media Records that did not get set when the licensing of their material on Century Media changed over to Sony Music when the label was purchased. The new release for ND for 2015 showed up last Saturday, so if that release is in the next batch of material to be updated it could show up Friday during industry standard release day or on Saturday sometime. Keep an eye out over those two days. OK!

Suggested posts