Majority of Bloc Party songs albums/songs disappeared?

Majority of Bloc Party songs albums/songs disappeared?

AFlyingLlama

Hey,

I have been using Spotify for a long time now and have paid for premium for the most of that time. I have always loved Spotify, however today I was really dissapointed to see that the majority of songs from the band I probably listen to the most on my account are suddenly unavailable in the United Kingdom! There used to be a lot of Bloc Party on Spotify however now theres only really one album out of 3 available and some remixes. As I use Spotify at home, on the go and in the car, I'm completely left without any access to Bloc Party at the moment as I have no other media for music and I'm worried that this may happen to more artists/bands to leave me with even less. I'm sure a lot of other people will feel the same when they notice so many songs are gone. Will these be coming back and what is happening to cause this to happen as it happened a while back with other artists I enjoy. 

Many Thanks for any help. 

2 Replies

Re: Majority of Bloc Party songs albums/songs disappeared?

itstimetodie

This is because the labels or the artists can decide if they let you listen to their music in Spotify or not, I think.

www.last.fm/user/norgeallstar

Re: Majority of Bloc Party songs albums/songs disappeared?

licenced
Community Legend
Very annoying - but it's down to either the artist or the label.

My guess is that this is some misguided fool's attempt to get interest up in the band prior to their new album coming out in a couple of months.

In the meantime badger the hell out of the band and see if they's like to explain what's going on - at the very least they'll be made aware how annoyed their fans are. They are on Twitter at @BlocParty and FB at https://www.facebook.com/blocpartyofficial
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
SUGGESTED POSTS