Mikel Knight song only half a song . . . .

Mikel Knight song only half a song . . . .

Loken
Regular

Sorry, not sure if this is the right place in the forums for this or not. I had Mikel Knight's All On My Own song from CD The Country Rap King. Then it was greyed out. But Whiskey Drinkin was not. I clicked on the CD and it was still greyed out but there was another song with the same name. Figured it was just a weird but so I deleted the greyed out one and added the one that wasn't. I was listening to it and it cut out in the middle of the song in the middle of a word. I looked at the song and for some reason is it only listed as being a 1:53 time song now. Not sure what's going on. Anyone know?????

6 Replies

Re: Mikel Knight song only half a song . . . .

Jamie
Spotify Legend

Hi Loken,

Welcome to the Community!

We've had a look at this from our end and all the tracks are playing without any trouble.

Would you mind double checking in your Local Files folder for the tracks? It may be that a file stored on your system is overriding the version of the track on our servers.

If you see the track/album in there, simply right click the track/s, select 'Unlink Track' and you should find that you're able to listen without any problems :)

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Loken
Regular

The song is not listed in my local files area. Here is a pic of what I see when I look at the Mikel Knight CD. I see the song All On My Own listed as only being the length of 1:53. I highlighted the song. It plays fine, but only to 1:53. The song is longer than this. The song "ends" in the middle of a word when playing.

Spotify.png

Loken
Regular

BUMP!

Joe
Community Legend

Try turning off gapless playback to hear this and the next track as the artist intended. Oh and 1:53 is correct - it runs into the next track naturally. Gapless playback destroys this intended effect.

Loken
Regular

Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't fix anything. I turned it off, closed and reopened my spotify. I went back to the CD and let it play all the way through. The song still cut off mid word and the next song on the list, Pack Yo Bags, started playing. It didn't finish the song or continue the song when it changed tracks.

Highlighted

Jamie
Spotify Legend

Apologies, from the way the first post was written it appeared that the track Whiskey Drinkin was the one that cut out early for you.

I've had a listen to All On My Own and it does sound like it ends mid song. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we'll get this passed on to the content team for looking into.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.
SUGGESTED POSTS