Ministry of Sound suing Spotify

Highlighted

Ministry of Sound suing Spotify

Joe
Community Legend

I came across this article which details action being taken by MOS against Spotify in relation to user playlists. The whole idea of a playlist being regarded as intellectual property and covered by copyright law seems like a whole can of worms to me.

What do you guys think?

5 Replies

Re: Ministry of Sound suing Spotify

Peter__
Community Legend

I can understand about them maybe getting annoyed about people using their trademark in playlist names but saying you own the order to the tracks is just ludicrous to me - how can the order of content that doesn't actually belong to you constitute intellectual property (since they are just compilation CDs)? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Monstaents

Sueing Spotify?? Ministry Of Sound have got a cheek - they put out compilations like "Electro 80s" or whatever its called and imply it is all part of what THEY achieved - bringing that music to the public ear. Ultravox, Visage, Yazoo, Depeche Mode, Soft Cell etc had NOTHING to do with the dance scene - it was the Alternative Culture that created that - then it went mainstream POP . Maybe Numan or Srange should sue you. MORONS!

Elsalvador
Community Legend

This is ridiculous! 

Ministry of Sound is rubbish anyway..

spotify:user:barbaloot:playlist:65prcb4SDSBYQmeATaDp1y

MichaelJerzak
Community Legend
It's all political.
Michael. A Spotify Knight in Shining Armor.
I AM NOT A SPOTIFY STAFF MEMBER| I'm a Spotify Community Legend
Was this information helpful to you? Give me kudos or accept as solution, if so!

Regular

Suing for mimicing the order of their compilations?

SUING FOR MIMICING THE ORDER OF THEIR COMPILATIONS?????????

omfg

SUGGESTED POSTS