Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Modest Mouse, Radiohead, Phish, & other underground music phenomenons

Modest Mouse, Radiohead, Phish, & other underground music phenomenons

I'm a huge fan of these three bands, and they have arguably forged deep impacts in music history. I'm curious what other bands people can recommend that have that similar, die-hard fanbases and that have shaped underground music culture!

https://open.spotify.com/track/4p82pfEa4cayPqXLN6Rhzm?si=UUlDy7vjTkuypTtvxL2PPw

7 Replies

Hi @Mahumjamal, Phish is my favorite band! A couple of other artists that you might like with strong fanbases as well a history of presence in underground music culture include Ozric Tentacles (psychedelic/space/progressive rock) and the Grateful Dead (jam band)

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @TreyAnastasio
These are great recs. I feel like I know Grateful Dead so well through pop culture, but I've actually never gotten into their discography. Ozric too! Heard of both but hadn't officially gotten into their music yet. Thanks for the share, listening now.

I have another question too, sorry to have to ask here! Would you mind telling me how to link another user using the "@" ? For some reason in my posts my mentions don't link!

If you're into Modest Mouse & Radiohead it may be worth checking out Man Man, Sufjan Stevens, Spoon (maybe not Spoon's newest stuff but their early albums are some good indie rock'n 👍)

Hi @Mahumjamal,

That permission is only available on the Spotify Community when you are at Rising Star rank by joining the Rock Star Program. You can learn more about this here if you are interested.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Spoon! Oh my gosh. Such a great rec. And Sufjan Stevens. Thank you! Yes. So great, and below the radar. Exactly what I was looking for. I haven't heard of Man Man, excited to get into them.

Hi Mahumjamal!

Probably you know them already, Sonic Youth should work for you.

https://open.spotify.com/artist/5UqTO8smerMvxHYA5xsXb6?si=ygUBUKIATY6hKMTho01ikQ

Perfect! Yes, thank you, exactly what I'm looking for. Listening now

Suggested posts