Mood or Genre ?

Mood or Genre ?

Egecandemir
Casual Listener

Except the BPM, are genres really a necessity to create an effective playlist or are the moods more important than everything else? What do you think? Sorry for my bad English btw if i did some grammer mistakes...Please correct me! :)

3 Replies

Re: Mood or Genre ?

DarkMukke
Composer

In my honest opinion, I think even the BPM should not play a set role in a playlist.

Personally I have playlists for work that mix, metal, dnb, trap, electro and house,
filled with songs to keep me going.
For the car I have another playlist with just chillout music, of different bpm's.

So usually I make playlists for a Mood, but sometimes I have playlists for at home etc which are Genre or even Artists specific.

Point being, there are no rules for playlists and there shouldn't be, so the important thing is the reason to create a playlist, which can be whatever you want.

--
Kind Regards
Ruben
https://open.spotify.com/user/1123476103?si=FmbTGz7uS-eajZ4u0PRxcA

Egecandemir
Casual Listener

Thanks for your answer..I think the same.. Just wonder about the general idea.. :)

crematedman
Community Legend

@Egecandemir The mood is essential for a playlist, often times the BPM needs to be within a certain range before the mood changes too much, but at the same time a playlist can and should have high points and low points.

SUGGESTED POSTS