More than 30% of the songs in my playlists got unavailable/removed today

More than 30% of the songs in my playlists got unavailable/removed today

Soaro
Music Fan

Hello.

I wanted to know what happened with tons of music suddenly being unavailable, as more than 30% of all the songs in my playlists are now unavailable.
Some playlist are also entirely unavailable (as using only a few Albums, which got removed).

I don't really know what to do now, as my playlists are unusable, and I'm missing the content that I want.
Is it a temporary lost of contract, and are the songs destined to come back really soon?

Spotify team: Do not hesitate to log as me and check my playlists to measure the extend of all the missing files on your side. This is pretty annoying, and removes all the interest of spotify. 

See screenshot of one of my playslist

9 Replies

Re: More than 30% of the songs in my playlists got unavailable/removed today

Snyggastefan
Casual Listener

A lot of songs are unavailable for me too, I hope they are able to fix it

Soaro
Music Fan

Wow, almost everything is back, nice.
So apparently you lost everything just for a day. Was it a bug or licence renewal who took longer that expected?

Soaro
Music Fan

Happening again, 15% of my music is grayed in my playlists.

Is it something which will happen on a regular basis? Music getting grayed out and coming back after a few days?

Soaro
Music Fan

Any news on that? Music are still not back. Will they be back at some point?

Peter__
Community Legend

@Soaro wrote:

Any news on that? Music are still not back. Will they be back at some point?

Any content that has disappeared or been removed is normally down to the record label or rights holder. Sometimes content is removed due to licensing changes, transfer of ownership or due to a request from the content owner all of which are a little out of Spotify's hands since they do not own the content, the labels do! Things do normally reappear, but it can take a little time unfortunately.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

NonoK

Same here.  In my case it's probably because most of my playlists are foreign songs.  Then that was the beauty of Spotify, and now one should really wonder if it's worth its monthly fee...  At times youtube does better for free!

Soaro
Music Fan

Thanks for the reply.
Yeah, I've experienced it a few times before, but this time, quite a lot got removed (and it's a bunch of different musics which got removed at the same time, not only a few songs from the same label or artist, but actually random songs from various people/label).

Heatherbb143
All of my Jason Aldean & Taylor Swift songs are "unavailable" please tell me this will come back... It's pointless to pay $10 a month when half my songs were taken away.

Help

Jordi
Community Legend

Hi @Heatherbb143 welcome to the community,

Sadly both artists decided to remove there albums from Spotify. I hope that they will change there minds and re-add there albums in future.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

SUGGESTED POSTS