Most Anticipated Albums of 2017

Most Anticipated Albums of 2017

Spotify
Spotify

2016 has dropped some massive and important albums. Personally, I think this year's biggest game changer has been Kate Tempest's Let Them Eat Chaos

Sadly, one good year for music often indicates the weakness of the year to follow, but I don't think this'll be the case. We can already expect Kate's third unnamed album (Yes!), along with new albums from James Blunt, The Killers, Ed Sheeran and Dua Lipa

Let us know the albums you're most excited for, and in the meantime check out why I'm so excited: 

spotify:album:20IHNtzCY3uYpWolidiIDb

8 Replies

Re: Most Anticipated Albums of 2017

PilotAC
Community Legend

Personally I'm super excited to see what Leprous will put out next year! Their live DVD was one of the best releases of 2016 and they seem to be getting better and better!

spotify:track:1cJ5oMfO5WP2VyzSTUr7CP

ConAudifonos
Music Fan

I'm looking forward to new music from Nine Inch Nails, Arcade Fire, Depeche Mode and LCD Soundsystem. 

xenon82
Roadie

In the metal community we've got three huge thrash albums upcoming from Kreator, Sepultura, and Overkill (in that order possibly). Also the probability of new System Of A Down, Carcass, Pain Of Salvation, Leprous (YES SO EXCITED) is amazing.

Also some personal speculations, I'd imagine the following will pick back up soon: Cannibal Corpse, Arch Enemy, Judas Priest (?), Suffocation, Blind Guardian, Pagan's Mind (?), Primus (hopefully), and more that I can't think of right now. 

Also if we give Maynard the encouragement he needs we might be looking at a new Tool album by as early as 2035!

Sincerely,
Me

PilotAC
Community Legend

@xenon82 that Tool comment just made my day :D

user-removed
Not applicable

@xenon82

Great post, the Maynard comment made my morning. :)

Spotify
Spotify

@xenon82

Sweet, @Jim will be interested to hear this! 

Jim
Spotify Legend

@Leo @xenon82

*heavy breathing* XD

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Super hyped and can't wait for the new album from John Mayer. He switched things up and he's going to drop 4 new songs for the next 9 months and that will combine the new album. So if it's 4 songs per month, for the next 9 months (likely) his fans are getting 36 new songs in 2017 or so + tour with Grateful Dead (again) and his album tour this summer.

He was quiet music wise for the past three years until last November when he dropped his new single called "Love on the Weekend", he debuted his new song "Movin' On and Getting Over" recently as well. I feel like he has a lot to bring on the table this year and I can't wait for it. I'll leave more info about the new album below:

Spoiler

"Here we go. X. I love you and thank you for waiting.
1. Moving on and Getting Over
2. Changing
3. Love on the Weekend
4. You're Gonna Live Forever in Me
There were too many songs to ever get out the door at once. The album will be released four songs at a time. Every month. "The Search for Everything" Wave One 1/20/17."

New song "Movin' on and Getting Over": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdEF_X0NeV4

Latest single:
spotify:track:0j2WBxWZnWti5TpSxjJvPb

SUGGESTED POSTS