Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music & Color: Yellow

Music & Color: Yellow

Ever thought a song sounds warm? Or makes you feel red?

Do you see yellow as soon as your favorite album from high school starts playing?

There's a lot of ways to share, experience, describe and discover music. And we'd like to start a few threads focusing on Music & Color.

How does it work?

1. Think of a song that you would associate with the color yellow.

2. Right-click the song in Spotify and click 'Copy Spotify URI'

3. Click 'Insert/edit link' in a reply to this thread

4. Paste the URI

5. Click OK

6. Go to color-hex.com.

7. Find the perfect shade of yellow to match your song.

8. Copy the hex code and paste it below the song.

Screen Shot 2016-05-10 at 3.37.25 PM.png

We'll then build an infographic that displays the songs and colors. It's an experiment for sure, but we're curious to see how this works with all your contributions. 

Playlist of all the songs in this thread here:

spotify:user:spotifycommunity:playlist:76wdyQjY5kIba0phRpGoPM

124 Replies

Hello @saved

- or you just type in your post the Hex number of the color that you will get on the link gave by Meredith (none image will appear but it will be possible to get the Hex code for a future use)

- or if you have an image editor you can create a small square image filled with the color corresponding of the Hex code and you insert this image in your post and you also type the Hex code)

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@Soundofus

I was mistakenly thinking from reading Meredith's instructions that pasting would create a link to color-hex.com and display the sample, similar to things I have done on Last.FM in the (distant) past, not realising I had to paste the image separately.

Thanks for the help.

Just remembered this one and I can't resist posting again.

Ryan Bingham - Sunrise

Spotify Yellow.png

Hex code : #fafb6d (again)

spotify:track:6EU3G6HJ7UhYn4PUu8BApP

going to go with a new release first

yello.png 

I think of some nice jazz/R&B/Motown with sharp trumpets

Sun Models - ODESZA ft Madelyn Grant

hoping this counts as yellow, not orange...

#ffcc33

Screen Shot 2016-05-14 at 3.39.09 PM.png

If I helped you, likes please!
If I answered you, Accept as Solution!!
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check out my backstage interview

spotify:track:0GZoB8h0kqXn7XFm4Sj06k

Yellow.JPG

#d3be6b 

Follow me

Excellent addition!

This song gets me thinking about a somewhat yellow graveyard. 

spotify:track:18X4vn1UHaLRsmqDR24EVf:small

Yellow.png

#d8d34b

I am a audio-visual Synesthete, but usually what I see is much more complex than simply one color per song. It should be interesting to see how it works out though. I will see what I can do.

~Soli Deo Gloria~
* If you see a single asterisk like before this sentence, it most likely denotes sarcasm.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Classical Musicians Unite!

@Jonahman10

Interesting. I had never heard of synesthesia before so I just looked it up.

It's probably not the same, but when I posted Island In The Sun I realised afterwards I wasn't quite sure if it was yellow or blue, or both. I guess what you are talking about is much more complex.

Strange thing though is that when reading about conceptual synesthesia I became aware for the first time that for me the number 7 is green, in a shade darker and more leaning towards olive green than Spotify green.

With a nod to classical music, my first "yellow" thought is

Ralph Vaughan Williams - Fantasia on Greensleeves

I wonder how you would see it...?

On Edit: Maybe we all relate to music in multiple colours, and this is really all about the dominant colour.

yellow sounds bright

The color yellow is a bit odd. When I think of that color I don't get a defined feeling, but more like 'here I am, feeling empty.' Therefor I think jazz does it's job. spotify:track:32zna5FLT8EQboEzpWzV76 #ffe58f

Summer vibes from a forgotten one hit wonder..

spotify:track:7lbPDDVBPdsOVTOzu7KQq7

#f3f05e
Check out my playlists: edman08

The new Bahari track Dancing on the Sun was extremely visual for me the first time I heard it. Sounds like flower crowns!

Obviously, the title and album art bring to mind a very beachy theme. But more so, the driving bass line layered with the organ and shakey tambourine in the rhythm section sounds very mid 90's pop, which in color form reminds me of yellow! Like New Radicals - Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too yellow. I've pulled the hex code for the two shades that appear on that cover that show what came to mind!

#efd01d

#edd573

spotify:track:6pWpEevDMIDt5ANurt2QaR

efd01d.png
edd573.png

Kinda like that idea!

Here's my song:

Hex code:

#efbe00

Keep It Up!

IIJH

My best friend just made me a summer mixtape for my birthday called "SMILE". Other than the title track "Smile" by The Royal Concept, I have to say this one makes me think of yellow.

https://open.spotify.com/track/1zCoCopxgQmozHBuuyfW2K

#f9f24e

Suggested posts