Music & Memories: What Do YOU Think Of?

Music & Memories: What Do YOU Think Of?

Kayleigh
Spotify Legend

Hey guys!

Music conjures up a variety of emotions, but I think all of us can agree that memories can often be connected to a certain type of music, a song, artist, etc. 

So, what song do you associate with a memory, and why? 

To get the ball rolling, here's mine:

Marillion-Kayleigh

https://open.spotify.com/track/1Dsd1Nu06UbNmelEhPxKgB

Reason: My parents are big Marillion fans, and they named me after this song. Whilst that's a reason in itself, the main reason I chose this is because I remember my parents playing this to me as I was growing up, singing along to it and so on. Seeing how happy it made them, it makes it a really nice moment for me. Whenever it comes on, I instantly smile and think of my mum and dad. I'm engaged, and I always said to my Dad that I'll make this the Father-Daughter dance track at the wedding. :)

6 Replies

Re: Music & Memories: What Do YOU Think Of?

DannySmith-9605
Regular

I'd have to say Aerosmith - I don't wanna miss a thing. I was born in 96 and the song was released in 98 so that song was a big part of my childhood along with the movie. Every time I hear It, It brings back the times I watched Armageddon as a child.

Kayleigh
Spotify Legend

Ooh, that's a good song!

Highlighted

DannySmith-9605
Regular

Yes It was. And already did.

edbangershow
Roadie

@Kayleigh

That's very sweet how your parents named you because of the song. My dad is also a big Marillion fan, one of my fondest memories with him was going to a Marillion concert here in Santiago de Chile. 

Thinking about music and memories... I guess Get Together  from The Youngbloods always make me think about the good times. Not an specific time and place, just the feeling of the good times, to be alive. Check it out!

I hope you have a great day today!

- edbangershow

If you found this helpful, please accept as a solution. Don't forget to follow!

Kayleigh
Spotify Legend

Great choice, @edbangershow! I see what you mean...it's a pretty feelgood song. :)

notemine
Casual Listener

Hello Kayleigh! Hello everyone!

This is the exact reason why we did Notemine!

https://www.notemine.co

Please let me know if you like it.

Thank you!

Enzo

SUGGESTED POSTS