Music and the Elements

Highlighted

Music and the Elements

Imogen
Spotify Legend

I’ve been thinking recently about how we often explain our emotions and feelings through the fundamental elements of the world- fire, water, earth and air. Whether feeling grounded by the roots of home, light as air after off loading secrets, lost at sea when you’re out of your depth (double whammy), or aflame with desire.

Music and the elements also have a long and interesting relationship, so I thought it would be fun to start collecting tracks that evoke a sense of the elements.

Ever found a track that rages like fire? Or one that makes you wanna throw your arms wide and fly in the breeze? Then add it to the list.

Here’s a couple to get us in the mood:

Fire: This Chromatic’s track doesn’t evoke raging fire but rather a smoldering one; the kind of fire that burns deep within, like a flame of longing that totally and utterly consumes you.

spotify:track:6HgZiOIg0kmHIXEGnD5V4N:small

Air: Sometimes when I am at work, and I am feeling stressed and overwhelmed, I put this on and instantly feel relieved. It makes me feel like I’m levitating far above my office, in the fluffy clouds, close to the warmth of the sun.

spotify:track:6CAOAYsWY9ulSqXJSkG3xr:small 

Water: This track takes me on a journey- from trickling rain, to a gushing river, and into the root of the source.

spotify:track:3x5szI0bs8qnkvKsEKXJ9F:small

Earth: Etta James’ raw and earthy vocals, bring me back down to earth.

spotify:track:1XWrGArBqx8JUd2EipRExy:small

I'd love to hear yours, get sharing 😉 /I 

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Music and the Elements

Machiel_M
Roadie
Highlighted

Machiel_M
Roadie

Highlighted

Imogen
Spotify Legend

Hey @Machiel_M

Awesome tracks, I absolutely love The Doors and Joan Armitrading so very happy to see that they made your cut.

Yeah, it's not as easy as I'd thought it would be either, but I take any chance to get a bit of Etta James in! So glad you enjoyed it. 

Great shout with Earth, Wind & Fire 😉 

Highlighted

fduniho
Roadie

I may do this again with music of a specific genre. But it's easiest to do it by picking from different genres for each piece. So that's what I'm doing first.

Fire

Burn it Down by Linkin Park

spotify:track:7oVEtyuv9NBmnytsCIsY5I

Air

Windy by The Association

spotify:track:36KIW2r4zu3O8cRXuCbvMi

Water

Orinoco Flow by Enya

spotify:track:14EUcXXpqrC03Dzzdj8bGr

Earth

You Gotta Be by Des'ree

spotify:track:6CU0zWIWVTEnmWpSjVHM93