Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music in Spotify Ads

Music in Spotify Ads

Hey folks, Meredith from the Communitiy team here. 

Over the years we've had a lot of you asking about the music in Spotify ads. In short, we make the music in house (it's not a clip from another song). 

However these small clips aren't available on Spotify yet. The irony is indeed palpable. 

But, now that you're here in the Music Boards, we want to say welcome! If you're a music fan, we welcome you to jump into some of our other popular threads:

Happy discovering.

68 Replies

Can you please help me out on an ad song, it's from the WIsh I Was Here spotify ad. It's the music playing in the back ground. Lyrics sound a little like a hamonic chanting. I really want to find it but no luck all week, I would really appreciate it!

@Jack_H might know? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Can't say I've heard it, I'm sorry to say. 😞

Is it on any of the trailers at all? Maybe we can recognise it from there

I thought that too but it doesn't seem to be in any of the other trailors from what I've heard. I thought maybe it was one of Bon Iver songs but it wasn't 😞

Hey there, there is this one song or even multiple songs in this one ad that advertises something for EDM. It was on a few months ago, but I can't find it anymore, please help. The song has like some deep modified voice in the commercial, hope that will help. 

What song is played in one of your latest ads? The ad is about watching a short movie to get 30 minutes free from ads. Please help me out!

It's not the 57 seconds long video on youtube! This advertising is inside spotify, most often on my mobile.

Notice: Im from sweden, hope the ad is worldwide!

i too would like to know the song. Is the ad/song where theres guitars at first, then the drums come in later?

@jonnyb3good Is it not the one posted in my reply earlier in this thread? 

No I almost absolutely certain that's it not one of the earlier songs on this post. Not the one w/ the piano, or that "hello India" one (I tried listening to that song, but it says it's unavailable on spotify, so I listened to a 'Bollywood version' of that song) or that other one.

The song I'm talking about is when the ad pops up and it's a guy talking about getting premium. I first heard it when it was the one about "watching a short video to get 30min Of Ad-free music. I really liked it. The song first started off with a guitar(s), then another guitar adding a harmony, then finally Drums came in adding to the guitars. It has a very "groovy" beat to it. I tried shazaming the song, I talked about it on other websites but had no luck with it. I googled and tried to describe it but had no luck. 😞 I've been trying to search it for months.

I'm honestly not sure which one it is @jonnyb3good. I wish I could be more helpful. Those are really the only ones I can think of. 

its ok. I'll find it eventually 🙂

Hi, I'm also trying to find what I believe is the same song. I've tried clicking the YouTube link provided but it won't let me watch the video because it's "private". Is there another way I could listen?

@softlystated wrote:

Can you please help me out on an ad song, it's from the WIsh I Was Here spotify ad. It's the music playing in the back ground. Lyrics sound a little like a hamonic chanting. I really want to find it but no luck all week, I would really appreciate it!

I was looking for the same song a couple months back and so frustrated that I couldn't find it! Finally heard it last night, it's 'Welcome Home' by Radical Face. The part from the commercial starts at 1:20.

Does anyone know the name of the Placebo song that plays in a spotify ad?

Hi, I'm trying to find the first song played in the Today's Indie Essentials advert. I can't seem to actually find it in the playlist and it's really starting to bug me. Thanks.

Can anyone settle an argument for me? Is Vance Joy's Riptide used in a spotify "ad"? Thanks 🙂

What about the Ed sheeran song in the acoustic ad? What's that song called?

Does anyone know the name of the rock song in the video for Destination Cleveland? Thanks!

Hi, 

there's this song I recently heard in the ads, the genre must be trance/dance and the lyrics says "take me to your paradise". does anyone know the name of the song? I've been looking for almost an hour now but can't seem to find it 😞

Well thanks to http://findmusicbylyrics.com/ I found it 🙂

The song was "Cool For The Summer" by Demi Lovato

Suggested posts