Music specifically for creative writing

Re: Music specifically for creative writing

captainkubar
Roadie

Taken4Grant

I believe that these are all good suggestions and exploring new music is why we are here. Any act of creativity will be influenced by the music you listen to so keep that in mind. It is also a deeply personal experience because much of the music we love, individually, has emotional attachments to it. I still cant listen to Farewell to Kings by Rush without thinking about LoTR by Tolkien, but you get the idea.

c_-ghfmqtvuo
Casual Listener

badgerthebear
Regular

okshowbaby
Regular

FellowRobot
Music Fan

Our new single is cinematic and has everything you describe. 

ashtonowenlubin
Casual Listener

The Gorillaz are perfect for creative writing, particularly their d-sides albums. I also find myself listening to the soundtracks to popular british shows such as doctor who and sherlock. The soundtrack to doctor who is wonderful as there are so many different tones of music that it will  help no matter what mood you're trying to create in your creative writing piece. 

Alf_B
Regular

I have made a few list of instrumental music with working and writing in mind.

It´s clissfied by decades and includes almost of kind of genres and only by original artists.

In some cases versions by a recognosized artist.

Almost everything is completely instrumental but a few songs may have some chorus voices or short passage sung. 

60´s Instrumental Music: Pop, Rock, Funk, Latino, Hard Rock, Jazz, Psichodelic, Blues, Soundtracks..

The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Fletwood Mac, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Beach Boys, Deep Purple, The Who, Cream, James Brown, Santana, Paul McCartney, John Lennon, Jeff Beck, Sly & The Family Stone, The Ventures, Henry Mancini, The Byrds, The Yardbirds, Alice Cooper, Neil Young and more.

https://open.spotify.com/user/half_/playlist/6u0aOunhNk4q2wpmJMEWzw?si=22zN7YXmTCSoc4GGf0L4mQ

Alf_B
Regular

70´s Instrumental Music: Rock, Pop, Funk, Prog, Jazz, Disco, Latin, Blues, Soundtracks, Punk...

Queen, Van Halen, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Paul McCartney, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Motorhead, Grand Funk Railroad, Deep Purple, Allman Brothers Band, Black Sabbath, Jimi Hendrix, Santana, The Stooges, Rush, Miles Davis, Sly & The Family Stone, Funkadelic, James Brown, Eric Clapton and more...

https://open.spotify.com/user/half_/playlist/7r9Jbokfn1AKW6oVOo5WYv?si=yNnR_nHXThS3N5TtsdimSA

Alf_B
Regular

80´s Instrumental Music: Rock, Pop, Heavy Metal, Alternative, New Wave, Rap, Punk, Jazz, Soundtracks...

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Guns´n´Roses, AC/DC, Metallica, Fletwood Mac, Gary Moore, Police, Alan Parson Project, Iron Maiden, Rolling Stones, Tom Waits, Queen, Sepultura, Ministry, Aerosmith, Megadeth, Black Sabbath, Public Enemy, Run DMC, U2, Deep Purple, The Cure, Phil Collins, The Smiths and more...

https://open.spotify.com/user/half_/playlist/00HzuOkPFK5bBfFwuN7HqN?si=eeJGkDCjQGy2oN3fxcmiWQ

SUGGESTED POSTS